“Extremely good hotel, good location and great value for money”
Review of Strazhite Hotel

Strazhite Hotel
Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Bansko
Barnard Castle, England, United Kingdom
“Extremely good hotel, good location and great value for money”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great hotel, very clean (we had fresh towels every day) and in a good location. I found the swimming pool, sauna and the steam room very useful after a day on the mountain. We walked to the gondola every day which took 5-10 minutes. The food at the hotel is above average but edible - a number of choices are on offer. The only disappointment would be that there was no drying room for ski kit (only boots were allowed) so we had to make do with the radiators in the room, but we managed. Overall I enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend this to others, as it was very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back from our second stay here , lovely Christmassy setting, handy for the slopes with a great pool , sauna and reasonably equipped gym. Food is nothing special and if you fancy a change there are decent pubs / restaurants close by. The lobby is lovely with two spacious bars . The staff are good but not over friendly , they just do their job which works for us as indeed does this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter A
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here for a weeks skiing during the 3rd week of January as part of a half board package with Balkan holidays. This is the 3rd year I've stayed here and I seem to enjoy it more every time. The hotel is well located and is only a 5 min walk to the main Gondola and close to local bars There is however a courtesy bus if you need it. The rooms are warm and comfortable and twins have plenty of space. If you decide on a triple then the 3rd bed is a chair bed which obviously eats into your space. Personally I don't think the 3rd person saving is worth it so try to pair up. Meals are a buffet and there was always a good slection and plenty to eat. Be aware however that they are local dishes so may not suit fussy eaters. A pint was about £2 and a bottle of wine with dinner about £8. If you decide to eat out then local restaurants are good value for money. The hotel also has a free spa and a 6 lane bowling alley at about £4 a game. The boot room had air dryers for your boots so lovely warm boots on a morning. The only warning I would offer is to ensure that the bathrobes are still in your room when you leave. Rooms are checked and people on the bus were billed. This caused embarassment to the individuals and delays to the transfer bus. Overall I loved it and can't wait to use it as next years skiing base.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a balcony although some face into the couryard and some face out.
1 Thank Chris1962_11
Paignton
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Whilst I write this, I am in an uncomfortable bed in the hotel. We arrived at 11pm a week ago, 2 semi filled coaches were welcomed by 1 receptionist and a box of food. With a 3hr transfer we were tired, opening the box there were 2 pieces of cucumber, slices of chicken and cold 'baked beans' it looked awful and worse being taken out of a bin liner behind reception.
We went straight to bed, room appeared ok, much like a premier inn.
Breakfast was ok usual eggs, cheeses, meats, cereals etc
Dinner first night was ok, but little did we know it would not change all week, or that it would always be cold, but its ok they provide a microwave!
During my stay I purchased a glass of wine in the bar, I tried to go to the restaurant for my dinner, but was greeted by a lady saying I couldn't bring it in! I explained it was from THEIR bar, but she said it was against policy .. what kind of policy is that? she could not explain, but eventually let me take it in. throughout our stay staff were not friendly, infact a porter challenged my partner outside about wearing his ski boots in the hotel, he was outside!! Rooms only have towel change and bin emptied daily, no other cleaning, day 3 is bedding.
The nicest man I met was the shuttle bus driver, he barely spoke, but I warmed to him the most.
We have been to Bansko 3 times, I would not recommend this hotel... try the Lion or The Bansko they may be a little further out, but provide better quality and customer service.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Jordan53
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wonderful setting and the hotel itself is lovely great reception area! However the food is so basic and not what expected of a 4 star in any hotel around the world! The majority of the staff are ignorant with no customer service skills and a don't care attitude! You are not even able to have traditional tea for breakfast unless you pay, however if you like coffee your fine that is free! Such a shame the staff are I feel rude and ignorant as could be an amazing hotel with the location and decor! Food and service totally lets them down and makes them nowhere near what is expected of a 4 star!!! Or even 3! We have been for 2 years now as thought things would improve but they are not interested when politely told of the issues. Fantastic resort but we shall not be coming again despite the good price.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Helsto
Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a ski trip with my friends and my girlfriend.
The staff seems to speak in English, Russian and Bulgarian.
The room seems big and has a balcony w/ a view to the mountains. Inner rooms have a view to an inside private garden.
The bed was actually two single beds joined, which is a minus.
The location is great! On the main road and a 4 minute walk to the ski lift. There's also a van going to the lift and back every half an hour. Free of charge.
The food is good and plentiful. However, some complain its too salty.
On the first day, my GF broke her ankle :( which made her whole experience very poor at the hotel. Just to get to the restaurant, she had to climb 3 flights of stairs! Very hard to do on crutches!
There's also not much to do with a broken ankle there. TV has 40 channels, but 90% are in Bulgarian...

Reading
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

A well kept, clean hotel close to the ski lifts and the town centre, but far enough away to not be disturbed by the varied night life of Bansko. Facilities are very good, ice skating rink one side, bowling alley the other. Swimming pool is large enough for families, with a decent sized gym, sauna and steam room. Food is varied and plentiful.

Stayed January 2014