All reviews ivan balcony lift snow mountains gondola
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2018

The goods
Very friendly manager (Ivan).
Breakfast was beautiful and different every day.
The room was spacious, clean and very warm. And with a nice view
There was a small refrigerator inside the room.
Bathroom was brand new with normal shower cabinet (not the wet room type).
Near Pirin str were everything is.

The bads
There is no parking near the hotel. When I arrived at 22:00 I was asked to park in a dark snowy plot, 150 m from the hotel across the main road, which was already packed with cars. The new picturesque but no entry park-road in front of the hotel, which on 2/2017 wasn't even on google earth street view, destroyed the possibility to park in front of the hotel. I protested saying that on booking com there was the false information that there was parking on site and the owner let me park in front of the hotel saying that he would pay the fine! Never moved the car again.
There is no shuttle bus for the gondola and the distance is marginal on foot. And since there was the parking problem, it was difficult to move my car (and pay at the gondola parking). It took us 12-15' walk on ski boots to reach the gondola. Please notice that due to the huge gondola queues, 10' delay to reach the gondola means 20' delay to reach the slopes On 17/2/2017 arrived at gondola 8:35-first lift at 10:40. Next day arrived at gondola 8:54-first lift at 11:20
Breakfast room is on the basement and a little claustrophobic . They have plenty of room on the ground floor to move it there.
My wife was denied by the lady who was in charge of the breakfast room, a second cup of coffee. Never happened to me before in a hotel. Notice that there were three of us and only one (my wife) had coffee. We made no comment.
Next day when my wife took a piece of bread from the window connecting the buffet with the kitchen, the same lady attacked her rudely telling her to leave the bread down and that it was her job to put the bread on the buffet (where there was none) and that "here is not your home" (exact words). When my wife let the bread down and turned her back, the stuff-lady made faces at her. I asked her for everybody to hear, to use "better language" (my exact words) and her answer was "get out of here gypsy" (her exact words). I imagine she meant it as an insult
Even though Ivan the manager is the best, I wouldn't go again there due to the lack of parking and the very rude stuff.

Room tip: no parking, rude staff, nice location, nice room, good breakfast
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

I spent three nights in this hotel in February.First of all, I would like to thank Ivan and all the staff for great hospitality.Location is more than ok,everything is in few hundred meters diameter.Gondola is 7-8 minutes from hotel,bars,restaurants,everything is so close to hotel.Rooms are clean,spacious and comfortable.Good wi-fi,room for skis on the entrance,great breakfast every morning.Ivan organized van for my friends and me from hotel to the ski slopes every morning.Thanks again,see ya next winter :)

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2017

Good location, basic rooms that are cleaned to a high standard each day, very fair pricing, nice, friendly staff and a decent breakfast, excellent WiFi.
The bathroom is a 'wet room' with no shower curtain or door, so absolutely everything gets wet when you have a shower - it also makes the floor very slippery and I fell over quite badly onto tiles. The sheets were not big enough for the bed, so they pulled off each night and we woke up on the bare mattress.Very thin walls - we could hear everything going on in the rooms beside us.

Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank Rani W
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Hands up for Hotel Gazei and the people taking care of it!

Not only the location is a plus (very close to the ski slopes), but everything is so great when it comes to this hotel - the breakfast and the hospitality of the family who owns it - congrats for doing such a great job !

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed September 19, 2016

We stayed at this hotel from from 30th August to 10 September 2016. Rooms & Showers are spacious & comfortable & we had a fabulous view of the Piren Mountains. Ivan, the owner, was so kind and helpful in every way & his Mother made dellcious breakfasts. A 1st class hotel at a very reasonable price which we would highly recommend.
Bansko is a very good place for a holiday but one or two downsides. By mid September quite a few of the restaurants close:we believe the gondola cable lift closes and the bus up to Vehren finishes on 15 September and does not start again until July.
Highlights of our trip included a 3 hour ride in the narrow gauge railway (8 lev return) up the mountains to Veliingrade Sud. There is a lovely park there. You only have 1.5 hours before the train back to Bansko. You could take a taxi and spend more time there but will be expensive.
Our favourite restaurants were Yonkata; Victoria; Loghouse & Georgi.
Cannot wait to return to Hotel Gazie and Bansko