“One of the worst hotels in Bansko, service was awful and I wouldn't recommend it.”

and 1 more site!
Grand Hotel and SPA
Ranked #68 of 96 Hotels in Bansko
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We arrived on Friday, they treated us like dogs, our room was dirty, so we had to change it. The pool in the Spa was alright, bit way to small. The food in the restaurant was good, and that's the only good thing I can say about this hotel. The sink in our room was blocked by hair from other customers and the shower didn't work. We made a grand scandal and they sent us a fruit basket
and some wine which was OK. Overall I'll never come again or recommend this place. If anyone visits Bansko, there are far better options.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank AdrianMurat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sveti Nikole
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I made an reservation online and after i called they confirmed my reservation, and two days from the arrival I received i call from the hotel reception that my reservation is canceled because there is problem with the water in the rooms. I ask them what should i do now, and they hang up. I was there before but that is not dig deal for the hotel, the first time when i was in this hotel it was bad experience i didn't want to go this time but my friends were going because the all inclusive program. NEVER AGAIN AND TRUST ME FIND AN OTHER HOTEL IN BANSKO

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aleksandar P

Travelers are raving about these Bansko hotels

Strumica, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went for the jazz festival and we stayed there for three days. The hotel is nice, but it doesn't have a garden, so you can't enjoy your coffee at the sun. Our room was spacious, well designed and I can't say anything bad about it, but the food was simple not so tasty. The spa is relatively good except for the indoor swimming pool - the height is around 1 meter so if you are an adult :) you won't be able to swim. I won't go there anymore!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eleonora C
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

So the offer said there is free wi-fi in the hotel. But, wi-fi was password protected, and the free wi-fi didnt work 95% of the time.

Also, the AC in the room didn`t work. The all inclusive program gives a coffee option, but the coffe is made from a mashine, and I couldn`t say that the mashine-coffee was really coffee. Also, if u like chocolate, this is not a place for you. They didn`t have anything made of it. Food was poor, low quality and little options for every meal.

The SPA is great, and that`s about all that this hotel has to offer. But, for the price, I guess it`s ok. Just, when you go there, be sure that you get for what u pay. Below average service and good SPA.

Room Tip: Be sure the A/C works properly
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Oliver T
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel each summer in the last three years during the Jazz festival in August. Each time our experience has been worse and worse. This year I had to ring reception (twice!) to ask that the bathroom be cleaned and the bin bag changed. The internet connection is atrocious and completely unreliable. We told reception that the connection is slow and we were told that the router will be restarted. There was no change in the quality of connection. Yes, the hotel has good amenities - spa, jacuzzi, fitness suite , swimming pool however the poor service takes away from it all.

A VIP pass for the jazz festival was advertised on the hotel website, and it was meant to be included in the room price, yet we were told upon check in that there were too few passes and they have run out of them. We were never offered any compensation for the misleading advertising. 59 BGN per room per night does not justify the poor service.

The Jazz festival is a wonderful event and we will be coming back to Bansko - in a different accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DB20132013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Definitely not a 4 star. Room was clean but small. In July the air condition controller was missing. Reception said to open the window. The spa center was quite awful. Not a bad idea and design but the maintenance was poor e.g. the mosaic of the pool was broken, sauna temperature was below 70C, the showers in the steam sauna were just before the end of their lifes .. Food was not so bad but not like in a four star hotel.. The stuff is from another universe- completely inadequate. And at the end you wait long minutes because the reception must send a person to verify if you consumed some drinks and foods from the mini bar. You feel like a criminal.Disgusting!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Deus O
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I loved the hotel. It is like a five star hotel, but with price lower than a 3-star. I loved the room and the food, but the best of all was the service. I lost my $1000 mobile phone and the kind girls at the check-in were cool enough to find me and give me back my phone. In addition they are cool enough to hook you up with anything that you need during your stay there. They found me two low price quad bikes so I can rock the woods while there. Just amazing...and Pirin mountain is stuntingly beautiful :x

Room Tip: I prefered the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple