“Mountain Retreat”

Ranked #69 of 96 Hotels in Bansko
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Mountain Retreat”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times while visiting the build progress of my apartment in the nearby town of Razlog. The hotel is at the bottom of the lovely town of Bansko, a magical place full of charm and many worth photographing old world pubs , endless cobble streets, plenty of shops cafe's retsaurants and helpful people.
The hotel has a large reception area with pleasant seating, it has a nice bar that you can actually sit at, as most bars you are expected to be seated. You can also take up seating outside and watch the world go by. My rooms have always been clean and equiped with all you need to include mini bar. I have not used the spa or pool or night club, but have enjoyed winning nights at the in house casino with free beer.

The underground restaurant is new but designed in old world Bulgarian style, and I have enjoyed many meals there. The hotel is located next to the bus station and the journey from Sofia takes 3 hours. I have only had one minor hickup which was at check out. The receptionist went missing for 30 minutes and I had to leave to catch my bus, so I paid the bell boy instead. The price is right, so give it a go.

Room Tip: Rooms to the right of the hotel next to the bus station are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Steve S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Hotel Florimont casino and spa. Hotel is new, with nice rooms and balconies,but service is very poor, SPA center was ok, but not fully functional, only relax room was very nice, pool's water was also very cold. Breakfast and dinner were ok. Rooms was cleaned every day but without changing the sheets. location is ok, 15min walk from town center and the ski lift. ski bus was also frequent 2 times daily. ok hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you are looking cheap hotel in the middle of season
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Bansko hotels

Carmiel, Israel
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is the last time I disregarded TripAdvisor's comments. The room was cleaned after a scandal only, the staff didn't speak English (luckily, I understood them through Russian), the food at dinner was actually rotten (!), and the amount of dust bunnies under out bed is enough to populate a bunny megapolis.
Add a far from skiing location, a dirty pool, two moldy towels...
If it wasn't a package deal, I'd leave.
So save yourselves, and don't go there.
Oh, did I mention that the strip club there is also a BROTHEL? Some of the ahem... women... checked my husband out. Blatantly.

Room Tip: A higher floor will keep you away from the brothel noise. Also, don't book dinner- there are ple...
4 Thank Demiriya
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Last week I came back from Bansko, Hotel Florimont casino and spa. SPA center was OK but pool's water could be warmer. Breakfast and dinner were ok. My room was on the first floor, not big but it was nice. They cleand room every day but only once changed our sheets for 7 nights. A great problem was location far from the ski lift and ski bus which drived us only once a day about 9 o 'clock in the morning to ski lift and only once a day ,about 5 o'clock,return us to the hotel . The best part was exellent skiing ,a beautiful nature and very nice little town Bansko

Room Tip: first floor,sector B
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank zed m
Athens
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My room was at the first floor, underneath my room was a night club and the sound was so loud i couldn't sleep. The room was dirty, the telephone was broken (never fixed), they didn't change my sheets for 7 nights, in 7 days they clean my room only once !!!, i left my bath towel down in order to change it but i found it in my bed !!! Spa was great, the food was unacceptable !!! I WILL NEVER VISIT IT AGAIN !!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Estelio
Radovis
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Pros: SPA center, entertainment, price

Cons: service, location, breakfast is ok but dinner is like on two star hotel, paid parking (9lv per day)

1 Thank milemobile
Greece
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We just came back from a week's stay at the Florimont (february 2012) I have to say that most of the previously made negative comments are true (mediocre food, pool's water could be warmer e.t.c.). But for us the main problems was the location being very far from the ski lift and the reception staff's attitude (especially Radoslava as commented by another guest).

Just imagine - while waiting for check in at the front desk with my husband, someone (probably security guard) pulled me by my arm in order to put me in line behind my husband (!!!!), while Radoslava was literally yelling at the guests next to us! The first impression upon arrival was more than irritating! As you can understand after that every detail can be a reason not to come back to the hotel. (We found out a lot of guests had similar or even worse stories concerning the unacceptable reception)

Nevertheless, the next days (avoiding deliberately any contact with the reception) we calmed down from the first shock. We discovered a lot of friendly staff members, especially those working at the lobby bar. The spa was really good, our room was very warm and adequately clean, there was regular free bus transfer to the gondola lift, we had a great night out to the hotel's night club and generally it wasn't that bad for us after all! Especially considering the price we paid! I agree that it may not be of the standards of a 4 star hotel, but neither is the price.

3 Thank EleannaT