Belvedere Holiday Club
Ranked #41 of 95 Hotels in Bansko
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Big rooms but not warm
There wasn't hot water a couple of times and we had to wait until they fix it
Breakfast ok but dinner not good at all, try a mehana with local dishes
Staff nor polite no helpful and poor English
At the same price you can find something more decent in bansko

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Vene80

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a good-quality hotel that can offer value for money, especially in summer, when we visited it (Bansko is a winter resort). No complaints whatever - we specifically liked having salad and beer in the evening in the restaurant near the pool. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Maybe not the best hotel ever - but it's worthy of its price and it's a great way to spend a holiday with friends! Maybe if I had gone with my parents, I would've minded the fact that they don't change bed sheets every day, but being with a great group of friends that fact seems irrelevant. And also the rooms were warm and nicely furnished & with the kitchen and everything it gave an impression to feel like home. The most amazing things were the water-heater & the microwave oven.
Even though my friends didn't like the food they were serving, I did like it because I'm used to bulgarian meat - it has something in it that makes it in some way specific.
All in all - it was a memorable stay.
And also - nice nightlife, cheap drinks, very cheerful staff, nice pool.

Room Tip: The F block is faaaar faaaaaaar away and you go through something like a maze to get to it...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mitko M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Belvedere is a nice apartment complex, with modern and somewhat bland furnishings, very nice outdoor pool area, best beds ever, almost no toiletries in the bathrooms. We enjoyed our stay -- using a discount voucher that gave us supposedly 51% off the real value of the price. Well, it was good for the discounted price only!

The apartments are nice and spacious but poorly maintained, if at all. The sink and shower cubicle were clogged, shower head fell off, shower door fell off, ironing board damaged, 2 main lights needed new bulbs ... Watch out for surprises for your kids -- the main socket in our bedroom, right by the bedside lamp, was sticking out with the cable coming out too! Hadn't anyone noticed it??

The good thing is the maintenance staff took action immediately as soon as we reported the problems to reception.

Cleanliness -- not good. We were given a new apartment on our 2nd day and it needed a lot of cleaning as it had been left uncleaned for the past few months. After we took the apartment, they mopped the floors well but did no dusting and left the fridge untouched.

Food -- not bad but don't count on it. Breakfast is definitely less than average. The coffee is pure dishwater. But you'll get full. Dinner is better, some of the dishes are cooked better than others. I asked why the spaghetti came without any cheese and was told it only comes with tomato sauce (more like tomato thick water without a taste). If the cook tried to immitate Italian or Chinese cusine, he surely missed the point! But I'd say the Tarator (yogurt and cucumber soup) was the best ever.

The service was rather impersonal but to be fair, they dealt with our concerns for room maintenance and changed our apartments when it became aparent they'd made a mistake with our reservation.

The pools were good but the Spa design is illogical -- the jacuzzi is located quite far from the pools, in a dark quiet area, it discourages visitors from using it.

Best tip -- do try Belvedere but do NOT pay the full price.

Room Tip: Apartments in Block D are the only suitable ones for babies with pushchairs!! Check all apartment...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DianaOxford
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I went to Belvedere for one week in February and it was a brilliant holiday. The reception and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated five minutes from the slopes. the sports bar which is located within the hotel was excellent. The cocktails were delicious and very cheap! They were very lenient on time as we were out almost every night there and they didnt complain about the time we came back. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from the strip and it was very lively at night. Especially the Lion bar. The only criticism is the food in the hotel restaurant. Maybe a new chef would be needed. Loved our stay we hope to return next Februaury :D

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank roisin o
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at Belvedere. During the February break i stayed at Belvedere during my friends and I's ski holiday. The service was excellent and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. The sports bar served excellent cocktails and the bar women was very friendly and pleasant. The only criticism I would have is the restaurant food, it wasn’t very nice and maybe a new chef would be needed as Ive noticed a few comments below about the food. The nightlife in bansko itself is brilliant and there is a large variety of bars and food outlets. Belvedere is only a 5 minute walk to the slopes along the set pathway which was handy when exhausted after a long days skiing. I loved my 5 nights at Belvedere and I would recommend it to anyone. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Vevina Q
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I don't understand all the negative feedback of this hotel. We joined our stay extremely! A group of friends and myself stayed at Belvedere during the February ski season and the hotel added to a great hotel. The comments about the rooms being too cold are lies, there was an extra heater in the living area and we were that warm most nights we slept with no blankets! The food in the restaurant wasnt the best but I recommended you try out the cocktails in the Sports bar on the Belvedere complex, the bar women was very friendly and she gave us shots for a being great costumers! The night life in bansko is brilliant and the taxi service is very fast. Belvedere is only 5 minutes from the slopes which was very handy. We really enjoyed our stay and I would recommended it to families, couples and young people! P.s try the jacuzzi, brilliant for those tired muscles after skiing ;)

• Stayed: February 2012