“Good. But keep expectations low”

Belvedere Holiday Club
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Bansko
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Belvedere is a nice apartment complex, with modern and somewhat bland furnishings, very nice outdoor pool area, best beds ever, almost no toiletries in the bathrooms. We enjoyed our stay -- using a discount voucher that gave us supposedly 51% off the real value of the price. Well, it was good for the discounted price only!

The apartments are nice and spacious but poorly maintained, if at all. The sink and shower cubicle were clogged, shower head fell off, shower door fell off, ironing board damaged, 2 main lights needed new bulbs ... Watch out for surprises for your kids -- the main socket in our bedroom, right by the bedside lamp, was sticking out with the cable coming out too! Hadn't anyone noticed it??

The good thing is the maintenance staff took action immediately as soon as we reported the problems to reception.

Cleanliness -- not good. We were given a new apartment on our 2nd day and it needed a lot of cleaning as it had been left uncleaned for the past few months. After we took the apartment, they mopped the floors well but did no dusting and left the fridge untouched.

Food -- not bad but don't count on it. Breakfast is definitely less than average. The coffee is pure dishwater. But you'll get full. Dinner is better, some of the dishes are cooked better than others. I asked why the spaghetti came without any cheese and was told it only comes with tomato sauce (more like tomato thick water without a taste). If the cook tried to immitate Italian or Chinese cusine, he surely missed the point! But I'd say the Tarator (yogurt and cucumber soup) was the best ever.

The service was rather impersonal but to be fair, they dealt with our concerns for room maintenance and changed our apartments when it became aparent they'd made a mistake with our reservation.

The pools were good but the Spa design is illogical -- the jacuzzi is located quite far from the pools, in a dark quiet area, it discourages visitors from using it.

Best tip -- do try Belvedere but do NOT pay the full price.

Room Tip: Apartments in Block D are the only suitable ones for babies with pushchairs!! Check all apartment...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DianaOxford

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I went to Belvedere for one week in February and it was a brilliant holiday. The reception and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated five minutes from the slopes. the sports bar which is located within the hotel was excellent. The cocktails were delicious and very cheap! They were very lenient on time as we were out almost every night there and they didnt complain about the time we came back. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from the strip and it was very lively at night. Especially the Lion bar. The only criticism is the food in the hotel restaurant. Maybe a new chef would be needed. Loved our stay we hope to return next Februaury :D

3  Thank roisin o
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at Belvedere. During the February break i stayed at Belvedere during my friends and I's ski holiday. The service was excellent and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. The sports bar served excellent cocktails and the bar women was very friendly and pleasant. The only criticism I would have is the restaurant food, it wasn’t very nice and maybe a new chef would be needed as Ive noticed a few comments below about the food. The nightlife in bansko itself is brilliant and there is a large variety of bars and food outlets. Belvedere is only a 5 minute walk to the slopes along the set pathway which was handy when exhausted after a long days skiing. I loved my 5 nights at Belvedere and I would recommend it to anyone. I will definitely be returning!

4  Thank Vevina Q
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I don't understand all the negative feedback of this hotel. We joined our stay extremely! A group of friends and myself stayed at Belvedere during the February ski season and the hotel added to a great hotel. The comments about the rooms being too cold are lies, there was an extra heater in the living area and we were that warm most nights we slept with no blankets! The food in the restaurant wasnt the best but I recommended you try out the cocktails in the Sports bar on the Belvedere complex, the bar women was very friendly and she gave us shots for a being great costumers! The night life in bansko is brilliant and the taxi service is very fast. Belvedere is only 5 minutes from the slopes which was very handy. We really enjoyed our stay and I would recommended it to families, couples and young people! P.s try the jacuzzi, brilliant for those tired muscles after skiing ;)

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Moya4eilis
Reviewed April 20, 2012

During the mid-term break in February, my group of friends and i visited Bankso to ski. Belvedere was the best pick for accommodation. Only a 5 minute walk to the slopes and the staff were very friendly. We loved the Jacuzzi and the sauna area, which very clean and offered a relaxing hour after the hard skiing all day! We especially loved the cocktails and the bar man was very friendly and gave us free shots for being such good customers. The five nights we stayed at Belvedere added to our brilliant ski holiday and we would definitely return again soon.

4  Thank Eilis B
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have just returned from a holiday at this resort with my children and we all had a great time. After booking I noticed some poor reviews and it did worry me but after being there I can not understand how these people could make such comments. My main concern regarded the comments of the rooms being cold but I was put at ease as soon as we arrived as the rooms were very warm, too warm if anything. There was an extra portable heater in the lounge area, which we turned off and of an evening we even turned the radiators down as it was so warm. I believe it was very cold in Bansko in January so maybe this had some effect but I can assure anyone travelling now the hotel has more then dealt with the problem.
There is a great pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room area and although the pool is a little on the cold side it is certainly not too cold to use. You can rent an extra towel for 2 lev or a bath robe for 5 lev (both prices for the week) but if you dont want to do this you can use your own towel or the towels provided in your room, which are changed daily.
There is a very good games room , with pool tables etc... which the reception open whenever you ask. I found the reception very helpful, although some spoke less English then others they always made every effort to help.
The rooms are very well equiped with fridge freezer, hob, microwave and each room has a tv (biggest in lounge and smaller in bedrooms).
The location is very good. If you come out the back of the property (by the bar/restaurant) it takes 7 minutes to walk to the gondola but if you dont want to walk the mini bus leaves at 8:00 and then every half hour until about lunchtime. It also comes back from 2:00 in the afternoon and then hourly. We did not tend to use it to come back as it was such a short walk but noticed it was always at the car park when it was supposed to be.
I can not comment on the restaurant as we ate out but I do believe that food in the hotels is not as good as in the many local restaurents so would recommend doing that anyway.
I am not sure if some of the previous reviews have ulterior motives but I would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly use it again if we return to Bansko.
If anyone has any specific questions please feel free to contact me and I will try to help.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank manxtravellor
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Just come back from skiing in Bansko with my five friends, had a fab time! We all stayed at Belvedere and were very pleased overall with the hotel. The rooms were very warm and well furnished, in fact an extra portable heater was provided which we did not need. The sauna,jaccuci and swimming pool were great and we particularly enjoyed the very 'cheap' cocktails from the bar behind the restaurant. The daily cleaning service was excellent, the maids very pleasant.
Only down side was the food in the Belvedere restaurant, they could really do with a new chef!
The location is excellent, very close to the gondola.
Overall very happy with Belvedere, would stay there again.

4  Thank gerard b