Spa Hotel Emerald
  • Restaurant
Hotel Alex(Bansko)
Elitsa Hotel(Bansko)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2012

we went in for drinks the staff are amazing made us very welcombe love the place cant wait to go back miss it verry mutch

the staff were amazing verry freindly like we knew them as good freinds verry prefesoinal in there job miss them all redy can t wait to go back next year they made us very welcombe

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2012

In the hotel I was with friends the previous week.Only good thingsin the hotel are quite decent rooms and decorated bathroom. Rooms are also the only places in the hotel which is enough warm.Everything else is a disaster. The spa was so cold that staff are frozen The water in jacuziju is maximum of 25 C. On the complete places is cold and no more than 15 degrees. Food is almost tasteless by cold already brought to the cafeteria. Fruit is already dried it .Tudi chef parading dining in a warm sleevelees.In the lobby bar is the temperature a few degrees more than outside.Good point is that the bar staff is friendly and nice.Manager of the hotel parading in the main hotel with his assistants and continually smoking.Execept when desperately tries to satisfy owner's wif.e and shes dog. I am not obviously spoiled but it's too much. Never more, never more Bansko hotel. In Slovenia, the Inspection will be closed the hotel in Austria also the owner.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Davorin K
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have just return from Bansko where I have stayed at Emerald hotel.
Let me start whit the good things... the rooms are big and cleen and.... this are the good things.
In the rooms is cold because there is only a 5-element radiator and windows are not isolated.
Now let me tell you about the food... is the same... every day.... and is not good and fresh. what will remain from today and tommorow they will use in the third day to make a stew.
Dishes are not washed well so that you will find when you will take it leftovers . If you are unlucky to finish a dish in front of you then you will have to wait 15-20-30 minutes to brig a new one.
If you are a smoker and you want to get your coffee from breakfast in the lobby.. you are not allow because "you're not allowed to remove food and drinks from the restaurant" . I understand this and not comment it but is not so hard to arrange a space near the restaurant where you can drink coffee on a cigarette. Manager and attitude .... leaves much to be desired. On a higher tone tells you that you aren't allowd.
One of my friends had the "luck" to get a room with a window that does not close well, leaving the wind and cold outside to enter freely into the room. After a long discussion the person from the reception told my friend that the manager comes at 02:00 pm the next day and by then he can not change the room. Therefore an adult and a child were sleeping in the cold with the quilt in the head that night....

I

Room Tip: at this hotel??? no sorry
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank cristina m
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed in Emerald Spa this december and overall it was a pleasant experience. The first apartment we received was nothing like the internet pictures and I stormed to the reception demanding to be given another one. The hotel staff was very nice and the problem was solved right away. The second one-bedroom apartment was quite large, warm with two balconies. Nothing bad to say aboud the accomodation.
The breakfast was quite another matter. Every day the same things, and those of a poor quality. But this didn't ruin our good impresion.
We haven't tried the spa, but I overheared that the pool was very small. Downstairs was a lively bar with karaoke and free internet which my kids found to their liking. The reception area was also welcoming with a fireplace which was not lit but contributed to the warm feeling.
The weather was superb so my review might a bit biased but you get the general picture!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnaBucharest
Reviewed January 11, 2012

unbelievably dirty, carpet smell, lies about parking (we paid for that, inspite the fact tha it is said to be free), dirty toilet (we had to buy cif to clean it on our own!!!god!!!), dirty jaccuzzi , which you pay for 54 euros and the shampagne which is provided is at the price of 3 euros!!!totally unfriendly stuff.we went for two days and i m not sure if we managed to tolerate that condition over 24 hours.awfull!and they didn t give us our money back. no hospitality!at bansko it s all about money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple