“Dining with a breathtaking view”

Batur Sari Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Kedisan
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Buffet was average with choice of malay delicacies like mee goreng, satay, pulut hitam, etc. I also get to eat freeflow of kintamani oranges at the fruits section. The whole place was cooling as it was directly opposite Mount Batur and Lake Batur.

1  Thank Prisbaby

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you want picturesque views then suffer the food and dine here. The food is watery and tasteless, the staff ok, but the view is magnificent. If, however, you want a decent meal then maybe try the opposite side and take some snaps of the volcano later.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

There is only one redeeming quality about this restaurant and that is the view. We were able to sit outside on the bar type seat in The looking over the volcano. The only reason that this place can stay in business is because hired drivers bring people here. The "buffet" is exactly what you would expect for the stereotypical one. The food was all cooked long ago on hot plates, had little to no flavor, and left me feeling blah afterward. All of this for a bargain of 100k rupiah (~USD 10) which is very much on the high side here. Additionally, the Bintang that I had to accompany it was the most expensive by far I have paid on the island (65k) Including fancy restaurants with a view of their own.

If you hire a driver to see the Banur volcano explicitly ask for someplace else. Better yet bring your own food and enjoy just as good of a view from the side of the road.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant has two uses in my opinion- excellent view and reasonably clean toilets. Other than that the $12 per head buffet (including taxes and service) is not worth a visit. Food is oily, reheated, tasteless and not fit for human consumption. The waiters are polite only to a few, to us they were quite rude!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was a little concerned coming here after reading the negative reviews. But in order to see Mount Batur (from a distance) and doing lunch at the same time, the restaurant wasn't too bad. I agree that the food weren't fantastic but for a buffet around US$6 (before tax), that's a good deal these days. The food was certainly no 5 star hotel standards but they tasted fine. I think the toilets had improved following the previous feedbacks so no problem for us.

Anyway for us, the whole idea was to see Mount Batur and I think the key is to be here during fine weather. We came on a fairly bright afternoon but the weather was so uncertain that the we could only see the mountain top for around 10 minutes before being covered by clouds.