Mike Mills says the Buffalo Natl River is like a little piece of Heaven. I believe he's 100% correct. Even though it rained the entire time we were there, it was heart-filling fun that restores the soul. The mist rising up out of the valley was breathtaking from the cabin's front porch. The views of the Ozarks will linger in your memory. We drove over to Jasper, had a super lunch, and picked up some things we forgot at the Dollar General. Rent a cabin & canoes from the BOC. You won't be disappointed. Ask the friendly staff to give you suggestions if you don't canoe. They are more than happy to assist you. The hiking is world-class as are the photo opps. Your bucket list won't be complete until you add a two-day stay at a BOC mountaintop cabin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Arkansas' finest river and trail scenery, Buffalo Outdoor Center has a long-standing reputation for offering quality log cabin rentals in extraordinary Buffalo National River country. We're also the area's leading outfitter for float trips on the Buffalo National River, a pristine national park offering beautiful scenic seclusion. And, we offer Arkansas' only true wilderness zip line adventure, a fun-filled 2-hr tour that's great for the young and the young at heart! Couples and families join us year 'round for adventure getaways that are tops in extraordinary scenic beauty and, most of all, great fun! We have cabins in a variety of price ranges, from family cabins to romantic cabins for two. Several of our cabins feature outdoor hot tubs with sweeping 30-mile views of Ozark Mountain country. Hot tub cabins book early, so if you have certain dates in mind, it is never too soon to call and book. And, while we're in the beautiful middle of nowhere, several of our cabins offer free wifi for those who still wish to remain in touch with folks back home. We've just opened a new 5,000 square-foot retail center, featuring great souvenirs and quality outdoor apparel and gear. Got an appetite? Let our deli build you a mile-high sandwich crafted with fantastic locally-baked breads, natural meats, cheeses and fresh veggies! When it comes to adventure activities, we can keep you as busy as you want to be! Our zip line is hugely popular and open March through November. When it comes to hiking or canoeing, there's none finer in Arkansas and arguably mid-America. Elk watching is also a popular activity. The Ponca area is home to a large elk herd which roams the Boxley Valley and can frequently be seen from the comfort of your car. The best seasons for elk viewing are fall and winter. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Outdoor Hotel Ponca
- Buffalo Outdoor Center Ponca
- Buffalo Outdoor Center Arkansas/Ponca