“Unfortunate Stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pine Bluff
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We tend to like Hampton Inns. We stayed at this particular Hampton for one night previously so were happy to book it for our return stay. As we expected the hotel was clean and the front desk staff was very helpful. The difficulties began after check in. The room adjoined the elevator and you could hear it through the wall. There was a problem with the heating/cooling system. They were aware of the problem before we checked in. A service person came to the door the next morning to look at the problem but it was not repaired even though we were there three nights. We also had issues with the bed. One of the reasons we choose Hampton Inns is for the quality of the mattress. Our room had two queen beds. Both beds seemed to have very poor mattresses. They were thin and lacking in support, a problem we'd never had at a Hampton before. There was also a difficulty with the sheets. The top sheet barely covered the top surface of the bed. It was only big enough to cover one person in bed at a time. (We are average size people.) The same was true of the second bed as well. The sheets appeared to be full rather than queen size. We ended up using two sheets on one bed. We hope that most of these difficulties were a result of having a full hotel. The Internet connection was very slow. Even with these difficulties we were pleased by the pleasant staff and the cleanliness of the facilities. We may try them again on our next trip but will check out the quality of the mattress before we unpack.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms that share a wall with the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunjay511, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am truly sorry that you had some issues with the A/C unit as well as with the quality of you mattress in your room. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to make sure we provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on two occaisions in late fall 2012. On both occaisions the rooms and bedding were clean, bathroom was clean and well-organized and the beds slept great. The breakfast the morning after was good. It contained pancakes, waffles, saudage, bacon, cereals, breads/muffins and a variety of juices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Restaurants were very close by, including a nice Chinese buffet we ate at while there. Parking was plentiful and well-spaced, a relief from door dings. All in all a really good hotel for the money. I would recommend to travelers.

Room Tip: Our room was a normal king size bed and slept very well. I liked that the sheets did not pull pull...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was highly impressed with the front desk assistance I have received during my stay. Hotel's staff were very polite and helpful. Rooms were very clean, no outside odor (paper mill a few miles away tends to make the whole area smell bad). Internet could have been faster (they had probably slowest speed possible...), but enough to read newspaper or do purchases. Manager Mr. Nagda has showed great interest to satisfy my stay. Pool, work-out room and hot tub were great addition to satisfy my stay. I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay with you at least once a week and enjoy the clean rooms and friendly service. Fenil P. Nagda has been very helpful with all of my questions and needs. The complimentary breakfast is delicious! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Sunjay511, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your review! I always enjoy hearing from our guests and very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you continue to stay with us for your future visits to Pine Bluff!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The good...
Bed was clean, room was nice.

The bad...
Had to run the "hot" water for 15 minutes before it got hot. Wifi didn't work. I could connect, but could never get google to come up. Never had problems with my laptop internet. Technical stuff: tried a tracert to remote DNS server but had 50% packet loss. It was too late at night to bother calling the front desk for help. During checkout the girl was unhelpful (had to talk to manager, but manager was somewhere else).

I'm disappointed and will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Sunjay511, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I was happy to hear from your review that you enjoyed our clean rooms. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience a comfortable stay with us. I do however apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations and that you experienced a disappointing stay with us. I truly regret that you had problems connecting to the internet and I can assure you that we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in 5 different Hampton Inns on our trip this summer and this was by far the best of them all. The king bed room was huge, the bathroom was big and all was clean. I wish all hotels could be as nice. Our stay here was peaceful and restful and greatly enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped here for one night on our trip. It was an excellent decision. The rooms were big and the bed was great. The hotel staff was very nice. The breafast buffett was reall good also. Varius items to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sunjay511, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you! We hope you continue to stay with us for your future stays in Pine Bluff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Bluff
#10 of 14 in Pine Bluff
Super 8 White Hall
Super 8 White Hall
#3 of 3 in White Hall

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Pine Bluff? Share your experiences!