“Enchanting!”
other travelers have booked this property
from front of the villa
Villas Built in the Stone mountain in Ubud We always welcome our new guests with beautiful rooms flowers and swans design bedroom #1
Check Availability
Inside Bedroom #1
Handy craft inside bedroom #1
beautiful round bathtub for bedroom #1
fit with 6 people on the couch
downstairs living area and crash space
Cambodia art
Carved stairscases
front of villa #2 - welcome
soak your troubles away and relax
garden serenity
More space for your toiletries
Makeup Mirror
With Java antique door inside Access to the Living area
Sink Bathroom #1
Hand soap for every bathroom
bathroom#1
Bedroom #2
Makeup mirror bedroom #2
every room has own terrace with table on it
sink for bathroom #3
Living area views from the stairs
bookcase for bedroom 2 & 3
Living area for bedroom 2 & 3
Living area for bedroom #2 & #3
Dragon water fountain in front of your room
Avalon Kitchen
Avalon Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Almere, The Netherlands
“Enchanting!”
Reviewed January 9, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I have booked this villa some months in advance, but wow... what a place!

We have spend our Christmas in this villa with 7 persons. I have no words to describe how welcoming these people were. Arthur, Budi & children plus staff are wonderful persons.

As other(s) are complaining about not enough choice for breakfast. If you just ask that you would like to have some fresh fruit or extra bread, nothing is too much for them. Dinner was chosen from the menu and one day we asked for something extra's because of Christmas, OFF menu. Even this was not too much for them.

Even when we had to leave at 04:00 in the morning.

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family Budi and we will definitely come back one day!

Warm greetings from the Netherlands!

Leo Z
“Not a good place to stay, especially for a family with kid”
Reviewed December 6, 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

To be honest this place is still a family villa, not as good as a hotel on any aspects.

I think safety is the very basic line for a
commercial accommodation, but my dad
was bitten by owner's dog during we stay. It
was scared especially in Bali. The owner said the dog is vaccinated but cannot provide the record. He paid the first shot in Bali and I think he should pay the following 2 shots when we do in Australia.

The meals options are very limited and really family standard...When I booked my stay, it said breakfast is included. When I arrived, I am be told everyone's breakfast budget is Rp80,000 and we have to pay the amount more than it, on their menu 2 slices of panini is Rp40,000, 2 fried egg is Rp35,000 and a cup of coffee is at least Rp40,000, that means you just can choose at most 2 of those and of course no fruit, no milk and no juice.

The roosters start to crow around 4 am every morning, so you cannot have a good sleep at all. And you will find big or small lizard on the ceiling or right above your head when you taking shower and a snake in the garden if you are lucky(I saw one).

Wifi does not work properly.

Management Response
Dec 7, 2017
This guest is NOT angry

They are extortionists who did not get paid and are making good on their threat!

1. Breakfast (you can see the quality and "amounts" of the food on our menu app on Google Play) we gave full breakfast to ALL their family including the 2 small children who eat less than adults but still had the 80k option. But when they want BBQ Chichen wings for breakfast (unusual for us and NOT included) we did charge extra...
BUT they were not upset with that!

2. The REAL reason for this review is that the older gentleman of the family was Mistreating our dog who defended himself (a dog that has been around almost 1300 guests since we opened and NEVER hurt anyone). We have had "Tiger" since he was a puppy and, having children ourselves made sure he had ALL his shots (we are educated and not poor)... So after we personally took the guest to the hospital and PAID for unnecessary shots , the guests demanded we give them $600 for additional shots since they claim that this is not a problem in Australia and that they will need to get more vaccine from another country...???

We refused this since it sounded very unreasonable. They said if we did not pay, they would give a bad review. we told them in a nice way that they should do what they felt was right...

3. another thing they forgot to mention was that the older lady of the group, decided to use our antique desk to iron her wet cloths on instead of the ironing board provided. the desk finishing was destroyed and needed to be refurbished, she said she was sorry. and we paid for the refurbishing too.

4. Wifi is fiber optic, the fastest available in Bali

We personally felt that if we continued to be nice to them even though our dog was abused by one of them (we also tied up Tiger while they were here - he was very sad), and our antique table was destroyed (we did not ask for compensation or try to negotiate for their $600 request), and we spent our evening away from our children to take and stay with them at the hospital... we did not think they would go through with their threat.

But now here is the Bad review they promised - But We do NOT negotiate with Extortionists.
Keith C
Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
“Perfect place to stay just a few minutes from downtown Ubud”
Reviewed June 23, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Stunning views are only the beginning of the villa we had. Stayed here on my honeymoon and could not have been happier. Actually stayed here by accident as another hotel lost my reservation and I was able to find a replacement by accident. This was the best accident from my Bali trip.

The staff: It is like everyone is part of a smiling competition and they all want first place really bad. Courteous beyond belief and of course smiles that goes on for miles.

The food: There is no restaurant per say in the traditional sense, but a full menu of food is available if you do not want to leave the premises. Truly everything was so healthy and delicious beyond words. Pumpkin soup, mei goreng, pasta aglio olio, and the chocolate fettuccine. Oh God the chocolate fettuccine! I am going to have to bribe the cook for the recipe before I leave.

The grounds: Right along a river with a beautiful place to throw down a mat and practice some yoga. Wife and I also got a couples massage setup right at the river as well and the sounds of the river are better than any relaxation CD playing at any spa I have ever been to.

The room: I would think this more of a 5 star hotel with the amenities that come with it then what it is. The tub and shower is so gorgeous. Private indoor entrance to the pool, yeah it has that.

The internet connection: As a network engineer by trade I assure you that you will not find a better connection possibly on the entire island than this place. 30GB of data down and up in a single night like it was nothing. I fully bless the fiber optic line connection here.

All in all this place goes all the way to 11

waelelbeh...
Dubai
“A little heaven on earth”
Reviewed May 25, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

I stayed here on holiday. This is an amazing place for relaxation and meditation.

It is so nice and inspiring to be sourrounded with nature all over.

The public area, room, SPA and Restaurant are all authentic.

Well done guys, keep it up and hope to see you again in the future.

drshahi20...
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A trully amazing experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

The pictures look nice but the reality is MUCH better, the beds are decorated with swans and rose pedals and they just smell fresh (I have only got this kind of extra service at the Ritz Carlton in Malaysia). While the breakfast was a buffet, there was a decent selection but they took the time to serve it in some very nice and unique china that made presentation and experience better (and of course the taste was great - and it was included). Dinner and lunch had reasonable prices (not inflated hotel prices) and were exceptional in taste and presentation. Try the Avalon Chocolate, it is a DIY hot chocolate desert drink - amazing and fun.

The rooms and the grounds, and even the secret passages, yes secret passages link in the movies, the river terrace, the actual mountain INSIDE the villas, and the trap doors, made this like no other hotel stay, it was a true experience.

The owners, Arthur and Budi are always willing to help and give great tips on where to go and how to make the most of it. The staff also was different, when i would ask for some more towels, they RAN to get them, not walked, while all the staff is fluent in English, if they do not understand they run to get someone who can. The service is very personal, I felt like a part of the family and felt like i was really valued as a customer and a person...

What an amazing experience!

Road71057...
“Perfect hidden gem in Bali”
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

A friend recommended I stay at Avalon after her stay there with her daughter last year. I was contacted by management immediately after I booked, they were very attentive and reached out hours before my check in time.

Checking in went smoothly, Arthur gave me a tour of the grounds which appear very well taken care of and look exactly like the photos. The room I stood in was perfection!
Staff was very helpful throughout my stay. Breakfast was delicious as well as their lunch and dinner menu. I ordered chicken pasta and curry chicken during my stay, food was fresh and well prepared.

If and when I visit Bali again, I'll visit Avalon without a doubt.

Nathan H
“Poor on everything but the sights.”
Reviewed April 27, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We arrived expecting a certain level of service that comes with that price tag but unfortunatly there was little to none. It was exciting to see the facilities and couldn't wait to get a massage or have dinner by the river. Unfortunatly there was no one around to ask, just getting a meal there requires you to hunt the grounds to find someone.

When we got back from a day trip our room had been cleaned and sheets changed. However the bedding was damp. When we tried to find someone to resolve this issue there was no one to ask and no front desk to go to. We were forced to "sleep" in the damp bed. When we eventually found someone the next day they offered to change the sheets and did move us to a smaller room with no offer of a discount (I asked and they agreed but then went back to the full price).

The "on site restaurant" is not a restaurant. You could sit by the river and wait for service that will never come. When we did hunt someone down ourselves the food was basic (again disappointing for the price).

This place is beautiful and has a lot of potential but we were sold this as a hotel and expected the convenience of a hotel. However, it is more like a holiday rental where you fend for yourselves. I would never normally complain but felt I had been misold and mistreated. Any other hotel would at least try to rectify these issues but we were offered nothing.

Management Response
Apr 28, 2017
It is unfortunate how people react when you don't give them a discount for complaining about things that are not real. We allowed this guest early check in by 4 hours. He arrived before many of the staff. He demanded to have breakfast which is included (but breakfast is included AFTER you sleep, not when you arrive), anyway, we gave it to him. As for hunting for our staff, there are 12 stairs he needed to clime in order to make an order or request a massage (True we do not have Massage staff on the grounds, it required 40 minutes advance notice). We have one central kitchen (the one you need to climb up the 12 steps) then you have a choice of where you want to be served, by the river, in your room, of not teras gardens, under the trees... so it is true that if he did not order food and when by the river without letting anyone know, that he would wait.

Damp sheets... what crock!!! After sweating by sitting out side he goes and lays down on the sheets with freezing aircon, which makes the moisture from his sweat cold, then calls the staff to complain and asks for a discount. we changed the sheets. He said they were still damp and demanded a discount. Our staff could not feel any dampness, so we suggested a new room and gave him a discount. He moved.

In over a Year of operation there has NEVER been Damp Sheets or wet beds!!! in fact the complements we get on the actual comfort of the high quality beds we have purchased for our guest get commented on.

Mistreatment: This guest was condescending and belligerent to our staff. He was constantly looking for reasons to get discounts and make us and our place wrong. If you read this, PLEASE Look at how OTHER guests describe our service and how we PERSONALLY take care of them like family. Also look at the comments on our food... this guest ordered the cheapest thing on the menu and now complains it was basic??? Please judge for your self.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing