La Casa Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Nutley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At La Casa, we take pride in cooking delicious traditional italian dishes to serve to all our guests. In this family run business, our friendly staff are keen to help you enjoy your dining experience. Located in the High Street of Nutley, La Casa Restaurant is perfect for leisurely evening meals with family and friends. It successfully provides customers (from Nutley area, Uckfield, Crowborough, Forest Row, East Grinstead, Maresfield, Newick, Isfield, Fletching, Buxted, Hartfield, and more) with excellent italian food at reasonable prices in a very elegant setting.
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Like literally every other Italian restaurant this side of the M25, this is a poor take on a true Italian restaurant. Inside London you can find some truly authentic restaurants, outside, good luck. Sad thing is people round here think it's amazing and what you'd expect to find in Naples.
It's not, parmigiana di melanzane, crap mozzerella, cheap nasty type. Typical 'why use the real stuff, when these lot wouldn't know the difference' attitude. Well Yea, they don't know the difference, so teach them. Sauce wasn't bad but nothing special and aubergines were not cooked how they should be. Then, margherita pizza. This is where I get very confused. Why go to all the effort of getting an authentic wood burning oven, and then use what tastes like cheddar cheese on it. If they used mozzerella di buffala, their pizzas would actually be very good. It's such a waste. Pasta my partner had was pretty bad, sauce hardly much better than Dolmio. Which, just in case you were wondering, is about italian as Apple pie. You don't use oregano in tomato sauce, it's the biggest mistake British people make. Like other Italian person wrote, this is just Italian for the English. If you think this is amazing, you just don't appreciate true Italian food.

5  Thank james198320
alexzumbo, Manager at La Casa Ristorante Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

My dear James
Thank you very much to compare Nutley with London, it is very good effort for us.
We are very sorry about your experience.
I am very sorry as well because we don't come from Naples and we are not running a neapolitan restaurant. In Italy the food is different everywhere from the south to the north everybody got different traditions and different origins.
I am really really sorry if you confused parmesan cheese with cheddar because we don't use it and any traditional italian recipe doesn't contain "cheddar".
Any mouth is different, any test is different, so again, we are sorry if you didn't enjoy your dinner. In the same time I am proud to let you know that we got as regular costumers so many italians even from Naples and they love our food.
Our restaurant is very friendly and we always suggest "to ask" for any modify or request. Our food is not ready and we start to cook once the costumers ordered. We are all italians and we are ready to do anything to make happy people.

Kind regards

Alex

I

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our second wonderful visit here.

We absolutely love this place and are so happy to have found somewhere we can go regularly.

Great food, great service and a nice but not too expansive wine list.

Have been perfectly happy with every dish so far.

5 stars!

2  Thank Dan H
Reviewed February 14, 2014

You don't find many traditional wood fired pizza ovens in this part of the world - so it would have been rude not to give it a go. I was not disappointed. I had the calzone (FYI it is HUGE!) and it was absolutely delicious. All 9 of us enjoyed our food. The place was packed but the service was swift and friendly all night. I thought it was good value for money too. I would heartily recommend the garlic bread with mozzarella.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I was told about the change over from the wok by a customer so took my partner to explore.

It's always been a beautiful restaurant with a great atmosphere but they really have excelled them selves!

The food is always lovely, the staff always friendly & welcoming, with a much appreciate free liquor at the end of the meal. This is now one of our favourite locals which we try & go to every fort night, or call up for a cheeky take away.

Highly recommended you won't be disappointed!

3  Thank Piedpip3r
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I organised a surprise birthday party at La Casa in Nutley and it was absolutely AMAZING! The staff were friendly, polite and so organised!

The food was amazing! One of the best Italian restaurants i have visited and choice on the menu was plentiful, so much choice and everyone enjoyed their meal!

I will definitely be going back as the atmosphere in the restaurant is warm and welcoming.

Thank you to all the staff for making our visit such a lovely experience!

MLS