“Refreshing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Refreshing”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Cosy pub and restaurant in a sleepy village. Welcomed by Sandra behind the bar. A warm and bubbly person. Our party of eight, all on groupon vouchers were able to choose starters and mains from the vast blackboard. We were seated in the snug, which was ideal, we were a bit loud! All dishes were delicious, especially the garlic mushrooms, nut roast, duck and seafood. Served by Zoe, efficient and friendly. Met chef Lee after our meal - young and talented. Good range of beers stocked by landlords Matt and Robin. They were always hovering, keeping eye and stepping in when needed. Toilets very 1970's but spotless. The evening was perfect. We would definitely visit again. Thank You.

• Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Good beer, good food, good atmosphere, nice staff.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went in for Sunday lunch over the holiday weekend. our first visit. they were VERY busy with tables inside and in the garden ordering food, its a popular pub with tourers and hikers. We had to wait 45 mins for our food but we had been told this at the time of ordering so we were quite happy. Lovely quiet village setting.

Food was simple but very nice, we had roast beef, roast lamb and rolled roast pork, the pork was the best! Roast lamb was getting near the end of the joint I think, but we had come in late. Beef good.
Vegetables served were beautifully cooked, not over cooked..
Starters were baked camembert and smooth pate, all good.

They had a very good select of real ales on and I had a local summer ale which was excellent.

The staff behind the bar and serving were natural and friendly.

there was live music on later... we wished we could have stayed! the beer is excellent.

If you want to go I'd say book a table in advance and if its a busy weekend be prepared to wait a bit for your food but relax and enjoy the wait.

• Visited May 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub with decent pub food”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visited here recently and was pleasantly suprised by the gorgeous setting and the tasty food. really good menu (not extensive but caters for everyone) up on the blackboard, good selection of ales, very friendly waitress. Will be returning.

• Visited May 2013
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, good beer!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My 85 year old parents were keen to try out the food at this pub and so I took them for a treat. And what a treat it was!! Excellent home cooked food, and really good beer. I can recommend the sausages which were locally made. meaty and very tasty. The steak and ale pie was also very good and home made. The beer came from a local micro brewery and was excellent and well kept. The price is fairly reasonable (£9-£13 ish)and, unusually for me, I left a large tip as the service had been so good!! The pub is very cosy inside. I don't know about the garden as it was a freezing cold day and we just wanted to be indoors as quickly as possible, but the village is very pretty. I would heartily recommend this pub for a good thoroughly good lunch with friends.

• Visited March 2013
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Driving back from Birling Gap was looking for a particular pub when we chanced upon this delightful restaurant. The hosts were super friendly and made us feel so much at home despite not being local. We were more than pleasantly surprised with the food. All the roasts were cooked extremely well...professionally brilliant but yet the home touch. I could not stop ravishing about the pork roast with the stunning gravy. This is probably one of the best Sunday pub lunches (if I could call it Sunday Roast though officially they do not have Sunday Roast on their menu) I have had in my 5 years in the UK. Cannot wait to sit and enjoy the ambience and experience once again!!

• Visited March 2013