“We'll be back.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We went to the Plough & Harrow for an evening out with friends which was our first visit. We received a warm, friendly welcome from the landlord and had a look around this lovely, characterful establishment. The menu had plenty of choice with a variety of dishes including steak, seafood and vegetarian options. The food was of a good quality, with generous portions and everyone enjoyed their meals. There was a lovely, friendly atmosphere in the pub, and we will definitely visit again.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have just had a fantastic meal at The Plough & Harrow in Litlington, we ordered the awesome Plough and Harrow burger which came with chips, salad and homemade coleslaw, it was the tastiest burger ever, the staff were very welcoming, we also enjoyed the Leffe Blond beer, there are many walks in the South Downs from this particular location and this country pub is well worth a visit.

1  Thank Gabriella B
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This pub is a joy. A warm welcome and reliably good food in a brilliant location. Just whats' wanted on a visit to the beautiful South Downs.

1  Thank MagsieBabie
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I visited the pub with my mum (she's nearly 87and lives in a care home) a few Sundays ago. On entering the pub at midday we started to sit down at one of the few tables without a reserved sign. Immediately we were told (shouted at by the publican) that the table was reserved. So we made our way over to a tiny table and I overheard the publican saying very loudly to a member of his staff something along the lines of 'People think they can come in here and sit anywhere'. He basically carried out 'having a go' at us until we departed. I admit that I told him that I thought he was extremely rude. I will never ever go back to this pub. I felt terrible for mum and it was an extremely unpleasant and unnessary experience. Just what I really didn't need when trying to take my mum out for a nice Sunday dinner.

32  Thank DAddington
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Five of us were looking for somewhere to have Sunday lunch and so I telephoned the Plough and Harrow. Robin, the landlord, explained that the pub was very busy but that there would be table free about an hour later. That gave us time work up an appetite with a walk along the Cuckmere, the local river. When we arrived about 50 minutes later the place was obviously very busy and there were already four people queuing at the bar. The four people in front were served very quickly and we then made our choices from the 'specials' board. Our table was in the restaurant area but there were also tables in the bar area and the garden. We sat with our drinks and twenty five minutes later our lunch was brought to our table. Our party chose the Traditional Roast Pork, Swordfish Steaks, Scampi and chips, and a Rissoto. Three of us had puddings (Syrup Pudding with custard and a Blackcurrant cheesecake). The food looked great and was truly delicious. The portions were generous and none of our party were left feeling hungry. The service was very excellent and we will certainly be returning. Thoroughly recommended.