“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Paragould
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is horrible! Hot, humid, filthy! Room reserved for 3 people and a baby. We got there and had 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel, no bed linens for the pullout sofa and no toilet paper. We had to call down and request these and got an attitude from the from desk. We never got the bed linens and only received 2 towels, no wash clothes, or hand towels. The toilet and tub looked like they had not been. We were put in a room upstairs. There is no elevator in this hotel! Very difficult toting baby and lots of other things up and down the stairs. Room never really got cool. Air vents are covered in dust and mildew. Hotel was booked full and everyone else with our group had similar complaints. :(

Room Tip: If you can't handle climbing stairs be sure to request a room on the first floor. And bring you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Someone else booked the hotel for me, otherwise I would have stayed somewhere much better. The hotel is completely outdated. There is a sign about excusing the inconvenience while they update the hotel but I have a feeling that is simply a standard sign trying to get people to ignore just how outdated it was. The bathroom was not very clean and I found hairs on the toilet seat prior to me ever using it. Eww! I also wasn't very comfortable with my sliding glass door opening up to another hallway inside the hotel. It kind of creeped me out. I was dressed professionally when I went to get the continental breakfast and was made uncomfortable when about a dozen sets of eyes glared at me because I was the only female (other than the employees). The ONLY silver lining was the friendly staff though the night time staff was not very professional with friends there hanging out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Paragould hotels

Hancock, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friend and I stayed here four nights while I was in town for a family reunion, which by the way my family had booked at this same hotel in the banquet hall. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly, we got our room keys and she informed us to try to keep the cards away from cell phones and other electronic devices or we might have to come get the card reset, she should have said expect to be coming down to get your card reset if you have it in a five foot radius of anything electronic, we tried everything but constantly where having to have our cards reset, extremely inconvenient and I have never had to deal with this sort of thing anywhere else! Another thing I found odd was there was no elevator, I know it's only two stories but it was not fun trying to get our luggage up the stairs, which were covered with spilled soda, crumbs, trash, and some sort of ripped fabric -not what we were expecting to walk into! We lugged our stuff up the stairs and got into our room which was roasting, we look and there is no wall ac like hotels normally have, we found a thermostat and got cool air flowing but the entire four days we were there we were never able to get comfortable, cooler yes but not good enough! The room did seem clean ill give them that but I found it a bit ridiculous that for a non smoking room the toilet seat, and one of the beds were covered with cigarette burns! The beds were pretty comfy and had I bern cool enough I would have slept very well, upon waking up the first morning I noticed one of my pillows had mascara and eyeshadow on it, at first I thought it could have been from me but after inspecting the shade I was not from me! This pillow was never taken away by the maid any of the days we were there so at night I'd just throw it on the floor. We went down to the pool the first day to check it out and it looked a little cloudy, it was odd the way it was an indoor but looked like an outdoor with some mulch around it and plants growing, when you got a closer look.... Oh the horror! There was trash everywhere like it had never been cleaned! Soda caps and bottles, beef jerky wrapper tops, cigarette butts all over, it was sick! This was all outside the gate mixed in the mulch, we went I side he gate to look around, more cigarette butts all over, and then on the floor we found a massive pile of wet nasty hair, I almost threw up. The pool itself seemed clean, just a bit cloudy, so we decided to give it a try. It was very warm but we like to swim so we stayed in for a bit and actually swam a few more times, none of the trash was ever picked up though. We didn't notice right away but when you are in the pool if you look up at the walls in the corners and top they are COVERED in mold! We also noticed one room they must not rent out and just use for maintenance was covered in mold on the walls, it was propped open as we were passing by so we took a peek in because you could see the mold from the hallway. During the family reunion the room seemed to be clean but again we were roasting! We eventually acquired a giant fan like you would but in a barn for your cows but we were thankful to have it because then we at least got some air flow so that helped. The bathrooms for the conference rooms were probably the worst I've seen, the younger kids were calling them a haunted house! Garbage all over, poop s,eared all over, period blood all over the floor, I mean it looked like a massacre had happened, and the light flickered like a strobe light, it was indeed horrific. Thinking back I really wish I would have got pictures because some things were just unbelievable! The only good thing about this place is that the staff were all extremely friendly! Next time I'm in paragould ill stay at he holiday inn.

Room Tip: Pick a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I t was snowing and cold when I arrived. I was told my room was on the east side and I could find it because the numbers were on the door. Well when I arrived the numbers had been removed from the door, Room 139 if anyone cares. The room was freezing cold, I was given no info on how to turn on the room heater, it turns out to be a remote. I called the front desk and was given some instructions, I was told it would take 15 or so min for the unit to cycle. I waited 30 min and it has not come on at all. I called the desk agoin and the clerk came down and turned the unit on properly. Thanks a lot!
The desk was dirty and had a few black hairs on its top. Two of the lamps do not work, that makes part of the room /suite dark. The hall way smells strongly of smoke.
At least the heats on now, after and hour and a half of freezing my butt off.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel Dirty and smells of smoke. Worst Choise Hotel I have ever stayed at.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dantheman1017
Rochester, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

On a recent ducking hunting trip to Northeast Arkansas we stayed at this property. One thing nice about this property is that some of the ground level rooms open up to the outside, which is nice if you are bringing hunting gear in or if you had a dog. When we checked in the kid at the front desk gave us a bad impression, just on his looks we figured we would have problems, but everything was correct and we didn't have any issues with check in. Backwards flat billed baseball caps don't really give off a professional vibe. We had rooms 125 and 126, 125 had a king bed, and opened to parking lot, 126 was across the hall, a double, and had a sliding glass door that opened to the pool area. Both rooms were cleanish, somewhat dated decor. Like I mentioned room 126 was a double, but also had a love-seat with a pull out bed. We ended with two rooms because we couldn't reserve one of the three roll away cots they offer at this property, first come first serve. For some reason no matter the time of day you always heard water running in room 126, and it was a rushing sound, it didn't keep me awake but I'm a heavy sleeper. Room 126 also had a very unpleasant odor when we walked into it. Either it dissipated or we got used to it. We had plenty of hot water, they do have massaging shower heads in the shower. Had a hard time finding an outlet to plug a phone charger into, ended up unplugging the alarm clock, all the outlets were being used and far away from the beds. The room wasn't fancy, yes there was paint and wallpaper peeling, mold in the bathroom, beds had seen better day, wifi didn't work, but at the end of the day they have a bed with clean sheets and a hot shower. We also got a special duck hunter rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Joplin, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stopped in here and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was spacious and had 2 entries. Outside and in the hallway, right by the huge indoor swimming area. Very unique place! The breakfast was a nice break from the waffles and microwave egg patties. They cooked you an omelete - made to order! Very simple fixings, but it was a welcome change from the norm. Staff was friendly (except for the night guy - he was a bit on the "duhhh" side) and willing to please. Room was a bit dark with no overhead lighting and few lamps, but clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was the dirtiest, nastiest hotel I have ever seen. I was very dismayed to find that Choice hotels would allow such a place to be a part of their franchise, and it makes me think much less of them. "Executive suite" was really just two connecting rooms, with bed & microwave in one room and some chairs in the other. Carpeting stained and fraying, used q-tips on closet floor, something sticky on the night stand, debris in night stand drawers. Smelled of smoke and had cigarette burns on the furniture even though this was a "nonsmoking" room. Very dark and dingy. One lamp did not even work. Amazingly, the sheets did appear to be clean. We had driven there from Jonesboro because all the hotels in that town were booked, and ended up driving on to Blytheville so we could sleep somewhere clean. Wish I had thought to take pictures before we left so I could post them as well.

And I just found out today that someone there signed me up for a Choice Privileges card without my consent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paragould
Holiday Inn Express Paragould
#1 of 6 in Paragould
Hilton Garden Inn Jonesboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jonesboro
BEST WESTERN PLUS Jonesboro Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!