“Local classic”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had been hearing about this restaurant for a while, but could never seem to catch it open when I was in the area. I had looked at the menu online and it made my mouth water, so I was plotting ways to get there. Finally a few days after Christmas, I managed to get my family at the right place & right time! I had the pulled chicken dinner, potato salad, & corn on the cob. Others had ribs, a burger, and chicken strips. EVERYTHING was delicious. My chicken was very tender and flavorful, not dry, and would have been great even without bbq sauce but I had to pour a combo of sweet & hot over it anyway. The portions are huge and the prices reasonable. I love the decor as well, it is rustic and welcoming with hometown touches and old metal signs. I highly recommend stopping by. It's only about 10 minutes off I-40.

1  Thank theflyinghillbilly

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent each and every visit. Good food, friendly service and just a great place all around. Plenty of food served, you won't leave hungry, quality food and if you catch them at the right time, they sometimes have live bands on weekend nights.

1  Thank rrbylexus
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The best barbeque in Western Arkansas. We reside in Booneville, Arkansas and this place is well worth the drive. This is definitely one place you won't go home hungry. Lucky doggie-bags are available. Great service, great atmosphere in a very rustic wood & metal decorated building. Very clean. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

and this one is the best, consistently, we have found YET! Ribs are fantastic, sides are generous and everything is always fresh. The owner is generally present and has a staff that is both friendly and efficient. No complaints..

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Any barbecue in this area has a hard time competing with this one. If someone says "We ate barbecue at such-and-such restaurant." The response is always "Was it as good as Rivertowne?" And, so far, it hasn't been beat.