“wonderful, peaceful getaway”
Review of Riverview Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oden
Riverview Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Oden
Lawton, Oklahoma
“wonderful, peaceful getaway”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you are looking for a calm, peaceful, relaxing place to get away and "chill out" this is the place! Our family spent a long weekend in Cabin #11 Country Charm. It was AMAZING!! The cabin is spacious, one bedroom downstairs and a bath; A kitchen stocked with everthing from a rice cooker to a blender! (just bring food, bev., condiments and charcoal!) Upstairs is a loft with a three beds and 2nd full bath. The area has a playground for little ones (our 1 1/2 yr old granddaughter loved the swing, slide and the toy trucks), volleyball, horshoes, swimming pool, horseback riding and canoes. We brought 4 wheelers and you can take off from the cabin and get on some gorgeous mtn trails. My husband said this is the best Birthday ever! We will definitely be back, the accomodations are great, a little bit of something for all ages, and the view that mother nature painted this fall was spectacular!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I were in desperate need of a peaceful weekend getaway away from the hustle and bustle of life, and that's exactly what we got. Riverview Cabins is located in the Ouachita Nat'l Forest about 15 minutes from the small town of Mt. Ida and 45 minutes from the city of Hot Springs. It was a very easy drive from north of Little Rock, and coming from someone who gets car sick, that's saying a lot. We stayed in cabin #11, The Love Nest. The cabin was cute with a studio floor plan and wood from floor to ceiling which gave it a real cabin feel. As it states on the website, they provide (almost) everything you need except charcoal and food. If you do plan to cook, take everything you will need including staples such as flour and sugar. The only staples we found were salt and pepper. The one thing that surprised me was the absence of paper towels in the kitchen. At my house, paper towels are a kitchen staple, so we picked up a roll at the grocery store in Mt. Ida as we were out driving around. Problem solved. The one term used on the website that I find slightly misleading is "secluded". The cabins aren't built right on top of one another, but when I think of secluded, I don't think you should be able to see one cabin from another, which you can. While everyone has different expectations when traveling, I believe some of the most negative reviews on this website are too harsh. Was the bed firmer than I prefer? Yes, but it wasn't unbearable, and the pillows were soft enough to sink in to. Were there notes in the cabin? Yes, but they didn't cover the cabin walls like I had pictured in my mind and most of them were very discreet. We found the staff courteous and helpful. There wasn't any firewood when we arrived, but it was delivered within the hour. The water in our cabin was crazy hot! Will you find things you don't like, yes if you're looking for them, but we enjoyed our stay and hope to return in the future. As a bonus tip, the Dairyette in Mt. Ida serves great old-fashioned handmade burgers!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheb1012
Princeton, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I established a few requirements for our vacation/anniversary getaway. Peaceful, jacuzzi, canoeing/hiking are "must have" for this to be the vacation we deserve. I was reluctant to book these cabins only because the price was far lower than other cabin areas in Arkansas. It was too good to be true, and that was a red flag for me. However we loaded groceries, drinks and our clothes in the car and headed up to Arkansas. I've been in this area many times and love the mountains, nature and serenity. Fingers crossed we made our way to Oden.
As we pulled into the entrance I was relieved to see well maintained grounds and landscaping. We signed in at the office, and Vicki was smiling, friendly, and made us feel welcome. We drove to the cabin, and were so amazed...it was all we had hoped for. With a country theme inside and out, clean, wrap around deck with large jacuzzi, grill, and surrounded by woods it was all it was advertised to be. Too good to be true was now right before our eyes, and it was perfect!
We spent 4 wonderful days with great weather, friendly helpful staff, and and lots of peace and quite.
Mornings we spent having coffee/breakfast on the front porch watching rabbits and turtles.Days were spent canoeing, hiking, and grilling steaks. Nights we spent in the jacuzzi watching shooting stars. All the while we never heard any neighbors, or loud noise, only birds singing and the breeze blowing through the trees.
I can honestly say this was the best vacation I have had in many years, and can't wait to go back. My wife and I often get out of town for a week-end or spend vacations with family. But for the 2 of us to spend time together and feel refreshed this is definitely the place to go. And no doubt this is going to be a regular place for us to stay at.
The grounds have a nice swimming pool, horseback trail rides, children's playground and much more. Its easy to see that famalies or groups could have a great time. This is highly recommended to anyone trying to get away from work and the hardhips of living he fast pace life. Work will be okay with these memories in my mind, and knowing we will be back. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!
THANKS to the entire staff for a fantastic time. Your warmth, attentiveness, and care will not be forgotten. See you all soon!

Room Tip: Free wi-fi service available at the office. Att cell phones will not get a signal, but Verizon will.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randy B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I went for our 25 th wedding anniversary and we loved it . Great kayaking on the ouachita river. Peaceful, clean cabins.everything you need just bring food.staff was friendly and answered all our questions. the whole area was very well maintained..we will be back

• Stayed August 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We traveled all through Arkansas and stayed at the Riverview for two nights. Our cabin was about $30 more per night than our excellent cabin in Eureka Springs, so we did not think it was a good value for the money. The bed was comfortable, the furnishings were a little tired, and the outside deck had a great wooded and river view. We did feel misguided because we found these cabins online and primarily booked because of the great pictures of a large river with tubers, canoes, fishing, etc. When we arrived, the river was down to a trickle because of a drought. I wish we'd been told that at reservation time. My husband brought his fishing gear and was disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Slidell
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was a last minute get away for the weekend. We stayed in one of the cabins with a hot tub. The gardens were nicely done with many little surprise details. The cabins were secluded and well decorated, each with its own theme. They were just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of city life yet close to all the lake recreation areas. We look forward to returning again and spending more time there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim K
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family of 4 stayed in # 4 Sunflowers for 3 nights in May. We had a great time and Sue and Heather (?) were always more than helpful. The man who took us kayaking was very nice too. The cabins were very clean. I think we should've rented a larger one with a river view, but we can do that next time.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Riverview Cabins? Share your experiences!