“always a great place for girls weekends :)”
Review of Riverview Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oden
Riverview Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Oden
Scott, Arkansas
“always a great place for girls weekends :)”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My friends and I stay at river view cabins every year for a girls weeknd and what a nice and relaxing place it is !! The hot tub on the deck is great ! We've been going every year for the last 5 years ! We cook great meals and drink lots of wine then soak in the hot tub while watching the stars :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sweetiepiearkansas

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Van Alstyne, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My wife and I wanted a 2 day getaway, so after a little research I chose Riverview Cabins, from looking at their web page it appeared to be what we were looking for. We wanted a cabin with a scenic view away from everything. When I called to make the reservation I ask if the cabin (#11) had a scenic view and was told it had a beautiful view of the Ouachita River, it had no view. The cabin sits down in a bunch of trees on the side of a hill, when you look out all you see is the woods. The cabin was very nice with the exception of the rock hard bed mattress and the strange noises the fridge makes all night. The Ouachita River is more like a large creek. I should have done more research, but I was very disappointed that we wasted 2 days of vacation and 6 hr drive from TX for this so called “Riverview” experience. Wont be going back or will I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David B
527sue1948, Owner at Riverview Cabins, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
I'm surprised. They seemed to enjoy their stay. The bed is new. Was added in May. The refrigerator is nice. No one has ever complained about it. We do advertise this cabin as a "wooded view" just a short walk to the river. Sorry they were dissatisfied..
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Driving along the highways and byways of AR on the way to this place, I wasn't sure what to expect. As we pulled in, I was impressed with the tidiness and overall appearance of the grounds. Then when I opened the door of our cabin (which happened to be the honeymoon suite, although it wasn't ours), my jaw dropped. It was an impeccable, cozy country cabin. Fully equipped kitchenette, grill outside, nice linens and dinnerware, and very clean. And a great AC that really cranked! We also had a fabulous river view (imagine that!) with a charming deck, complete with a patio set. We had a great time on the trail ride through the forest--horses were very gentle and well-trained, and the guide was extremely accommodating for those in our party who didn’t know how to ride. This was our base camp for mtn biking the Womble Trail, and the cabins are very close to the western trailhead. However, the staff didn’t give the greatest directions to the TH, so if you plan on biking or hiking, do your research and bring it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soolka
Arlington
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family and I made reservations at Riverview based on a recommendation from a close family friend. We were very excited about our first trip to Arkansas, and were anticipating all of the activites that we'd heard about. One week before our scheduled arrival, my father was hit by a car and my mother had to go in for emergency heart surgery. I called to cancel my reservation, because we didn't know what to expect from either situation. Vicky, who answered the phone first, told me that they would cancel my reservation, but when I asked about my deposit, she politely explained that unless you cancelled 21 days before your arrival, you don't receive your deposit back. I explained that we'd only made the reservation 7 days prior and due to my family circumstances and not knowing the outcomes, I didn't feel comfortable that far from home. She said that unforunately, that was their policy and that I'd need to speak to Sue, the owner. I asked for her and she was equally as useless in terms of a solution for my issue. She went on to tell me about how she lost over $1000 after having to cancel a cruise. I recommended that next time she insure her trip, and explained that I would like to have my deposit refunded. After telling her about my mother and father, she shared that her mother in law is dying from cancer. I told her that although that is important to her, I didn't really care about her personal life, I just wanted my money back. She went on to say how incredibly rude I was for saying that I didn't care about her family and that she didn't care about mine either. In the end, she told me that I would be placed on a list of people who could never reserve one of her cabins. My response: REALLY SUE? I don't need to be placed on any list because I will NEVER visit or RECOMMEND her cabins to anyone- and I KNOW LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO LOOK TO MY FAMILY FOR FAMILY FRIENDLY ADVENTURES. This one FAILED ROYALLY!!! Save yourself a time and grief by looking for some other place to stay in Arkansas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I do not know what to say. She was so unreasonable I could not even talk to her. Sorry!
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We had to pick a different cabin than originally booked due to having to reschedule for bad weather in January. Hopefully the bigger cabins are nicer. We had cabin #12 and the size was not the issue, but rather the bed and lack of outdoor seating. It has a great front porch and a great rear deck with hot tub, but only two very uncomfortable chairs to sit on. The hot tub was great and clean. The bed was horrible!!!! Worst bed I have ever slept on. There was however a nice dual reclining loveseat in the room. Could use a larger TV for when you feel like watching movies..... oh wait....there was no DVD player! Cable was minimal. I know you go to a cabin to enjoy nature, but it's nice to be able to enjoy the indoors as well. The whole place in general is nice... pool, horeseback riding onsite, canoe trips, playground etc., and I'm sure the other cabins are much nicer, but don't stay in cabin 12 if you want a good nights sleep!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My husband and I decided we wanted to stay in Oden since he was doing the Ouachita Challenge Mountain Bike Race. This is the only place in Oden so I booked early and the staff was real friendly throughout the booking process. We decided to get down to Oden a day early since we had a long drive from Missouri and called to see if we could check in a day early. The friendly staff said no problem and left the key in the door since we would be arriving after they already left. Oden is a super small town population 220,. Honestly I was not sure what to expect with this cabin as I had a bad experience with another cabin at Bull Shoals Lake in Arkansas. So far me and Arkansas cabins had a bad history until now from the moment we pulled up and seen the fancy sign I knew it would be fine. We stayed in Cabin #9 “gone fishin cabin” it had 2 full bathrooms and 2 queen beds , full kitchen, living room, huge deck, and hot tub . One of the bedrooms was a loft bedroom. The cabin was immaculate and stocked with every dish we would need to cook a nice dinner. The only thing you need to bring is Charcoal for the grill. The cabin over looked the Ouachita river and had some really nice hiking trails. We did not have time to do a canoe trip as we were there for mtn bike race. We realized we were hungry and needed groceries there was a little yellow Gas Station towards highway 270 but they closed at 7:00 so off to Mt. Ida. You will need to go to Mt. Ida (only 9 miles away to stock up food, snacks, etc) Mt Ida also had a great pizza restaurant I think called Shacks or something that was good. We stocked up went back to the cabin and got ready for the mountain bike race and everything went great. You are not to far from Hot Springs and there are lots of hiking trails and lots of nature things to do. We went hiking at Little Missouri Falls and visited some of the quartz crystal places then ate in Mt Ida again at Dairyette it was good and been there since 1958. Also seems to be dry county so stock up with your beer etc before you arrive. Not an issue for us since we were there biking but might be for some . I think after Mt Ida there is Crystal Springs and lots of stores there . If you are looking for nice accomdations and satellite TV good proximity to everything I recommend this place for sure. Super sweet cabins all the way around and super private and peaceful. Everything was super good and beds comfy ……… The only thing they could improve on is to get a bigger Flat Screen TV for the living room (the TV is super small for that room ) but with so much to do you won’t be inside the cabin much anyway !

Room Tip: We loved the riverview cabins!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RWADLOW
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My family and I have traveled to many different places and River View Cabins is the best place by far we have ever stayed!!! The cabins are extremely clean and well appointed. We stayed in No. 6 Country Charm which is a 2 story 2 bath with a nice deck and a hot tub. The Ouachita River is just below the cabin; less than a 5 min walk. They have Canoeing, Horseback riding, and fishing all right from the property! They have so many things to offer without having to leave the property. You can bring your food and cook at the cabin. The cabin Is fully furnished with everthing you need. All you have to bring is food and charcoal for the grill.
The staff is exceptional! Very nice people! They treated us like we were one of the family! They answered all of our questions; also told us of Little Missouri Falls and Queen Wilhelmena mountain. Very pretty to see with just a short drive. We also went crystal mining at G & D. The kids had alot of fun!
River View is only 45 min. from Hot Springs.
There are Hiking trails on the property. While we were out hiking we saw a little red fox. It was so cute.
The Womble Mountain Bike trail is 2.5 miles from the cabin.
I would like to thank the Owners for sharing this piece of secluded Heaven on Earth; for people like us that are always so busy all the time!
It is so absolutley beautiful, quiet and serene.
We WILL be coming back and I WILL recommend this place to all of my family and friends!!!
You know... I don't understand why those other people posted what they did. It wasn't like that at all!! There are 2 sides to every story!! I would recommend everyone to disregard those posts and COME HERE!! You will have the best time and be glad you did!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 2011momof2

Been to Riverview Cabins? Share your experiences!