“good fast local indian food”
Review of Mirchiz

Mirchiz
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Rothwell
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

i went here last thursday with a group of family and great friends and we all had a great night the £8.95 deal on a thursday is great value and the service as improved ten fold since they first opened, the bring your own booze is great for some people but it would be nice if they had a licence and you had the choice to bring your own or buy it from them, all in all a good indian that is local and clean.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Thursday evening in a group- there was a midweek offer of £8.95 which got you poppadoms - starter, main rice or nan- bargain! Service was brisk and the food was good- the restaurant does lack any real privacy and a noisy table behind us meant we could hardly here ourselves talk. Asthe restaurant isn't liceinced it is bring your own booze which all helps keep the prize low. The overall bill with extras meant it cost us £12 per person and we were all pleasantly full- but if you fancy romancing just 2 of you forget it ! Will return

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went hear on a Saturday night as my friend was over for the weekend who is Vegan and the menu looked as if it had a wide selection of choices for her..... What a let down. Firstly it feels more like a school canteen than a restaurant, serious attention to the surrounding needed. I must admit the prices are very cheap, however I wouldn't have paid a penny for what arrived.

I had the Prawn Suka for starter. It was one Prawn, ONE for £4 and it had never seen any soy sauce or ginger. Just plonked on top of a huge mound of fried onions and smothered in a bland brown sauce. Then our three curries arrived, we all went for something spicy as we like a bit of a kick. What landed on our table was three bowls of tasteless muck. There was no flavour, spice or taste in any of the dishes. We hardly ate anything and left.

The only good thing I can say about this place is that you can take your own booze with you, however no amount of alcohol would make me eat there again.

We went to Lala's in Batley the night after for a proper curry

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I don't like to criticise somewhere unless I've tried it a few times, so after one bad experience we gave this place another go as its local but were again disappointed.
The main problem is it lacks in atmosphere. It's not a bad atmosphere - it's just a complete & utter lack of atmosphere!! The staff don't help. They're not particularly cheerful. None of them crack a smile & they've never heard of eye contact.
Having travelled extensively in India & around the Indian Ocean I've tried lots of authentic cuisine, the first thing that gets you is the aroma, which combine to give food a variety of flavours. Now I appreciate this place is in Rothwell not Bangalore & they have to cater for the locals but most other restaurants seem to capture the authentic aroma & variety of flavours - here they serve food with no aroma, swimming in a sauce that tastes of nothing very much at all.
I don't think we got what we paid for at all. It's almost as if they try too hard to but fail miserably.
Try it for yourself, but prepare for disappointment!!

2  Thank Hevmiester
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to try this place as it is a local curry house to me and overall had a great experience. They couldn't fit us in till 9ish but we were seated quickly, overall the service was quick and efficient which was great because the restaurant was till full at that time. We just went for main courses and we were all pleased with our choices, very nice.
I wouldn't say there was much atomosphere to the place but it was clean and tidy.
The best thing is value for money as you need to take ur own alcohol which makes the bill so much cheaper and the food is well priced too!
Will be visiting again Iam sure