Magnificent building. Our room was stunning (room no 8) so can't really relate to other reviews. No problems with either water or heating - bathroom was fine with piping hot water.
Open fire in lounge was great place for pre or post dinner drink. Food was better than we have had elsewhere in Ecuador so far although still not hugely memorable. Breakfast was fine - fruits and breads plus eggs cooked to order.
We really liked it and had a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the oldest colonial properties in Ecuador, this 300 year old hacienda is located in the skirts of Cotopaxi, it's made of volcanic stone walls of two meters of thickness. Turned into a hotel in 1982, when it opened its doors to offer the visitor the poetry of a time and the nature of the zone, La Cienega is an unforgettable memory of The Andes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Hacienda La Cienega reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cienega Hotel Cotopaxi Province
- La Cienega Cotopaxi
- Hacienda La Cienega Ecuador/Lasso, Cotopaxi