“Average Irish Pub”

Cuisines: Irish, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Folks, This is not Boston so understand it is very good for the location. You can get all the Irish standards here with Irish Beers on Tap. The food is good,. The service is real good.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I chose to eat here due to the great reviews I have heard about the pub over the years from friends. I arrived two hours before a concert that I was attending, assuming that I would have plenty of time to enjoy my food and talk with my wife. Instead, an hour later, my server came to our table to inform us that our food was second in line behind another table. Now, normally,I would not balk at such a situation, but at least two tables that had arrived after us had been served prior to our getting food. In addition, at least four other tables had arrived, eaten their appetizers, paid and departed. I realize that it was a Friday night, but we arrived and ordered 15 minutes prior to the crowd (around 6 p.m.). When our food finally arrived, (a Reuben and a hot dog, both with chips) the chips were overdone, and the sandwiches were mediocre at best. I am no professional cook, but I have made a better Reuben in my own kitchen (and it took only 20 minutes). Overall, I think this pub is highly overrated, and I would avoid it if you have less than two hours to wait and eat.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was fun. People were working there were friendly and recommended the Irish nachos. Extremely delicious I must say. Will be returning again if I ever come back to nlr.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A great place to stop in before a Arkansas Traveler's minor-league baseball game, this is truly a pub experience. The food is up to the expectations... not great, but "pub-like". For something different, ride the yellow trolley across the AR River from downtown LR (only a buck) and get off at the first stop only a block away. You can't get lost (runs in a loop and brings you right back again). Do yourself a favor, tho... once there, take advantage of one of the imported brews, or better yet, a shot of the Redbreast Irish Whiskey on the rocks. Ah, there's the true reason to come on in!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

First thing on the menu is "Irish Nachos" - that says it all!
Fish was a couple of small pieces - rather strong and pacific I believe instead of the mild, sweet whole Icelandic cod you would get in Ireland. Shepherd's pie was the right consistency but made with beef! Although the decor is Irish, the piped "music" is as far from Irish as you can get. They don't have any Irish cider.
On the plus side, parking across the street is easy, they know how to pour a guinness and the prices are reasonable.