“Slow service. Mediocre food.”

Cregeen's Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Slow service. Mediocre food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Noon on a Friday you'd think the place would be bustling with the downtown lunch crowd. There were relatively few diners there. It took forever for the waitress to come over. After bringing us our drinks I decided I was not in the mood for pub fare so I ordered a southwest chicken wrap. My friend ordered the special; a ham sandwich on rye. After a long wait we finally got our food. Both sandwiches were served with crisps, or chips, that were very tasty. However, my wrap was a gloppy cheezy mess. The chicken was so tough and chewey. I could not identify any other ingredient except for a couple of onions. The ham and cheese was very basic. Overall, the experience was average and for the restaurant being empty, the service was slow.

1 Thank Lrpeach

Mabelvale, AR
“Worst service we've ever had...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We sat out on the patio at 6pm on a Saturday night, on our way through the restaurant at least 3 employees said hi so surely we'd have great service... right? Wrong. It took 10 minutes just to get menus... 10 minutes after that we got waters... and after another 5 minutes we still hadn't had our drink order taken... let alone a food order... Generally speaking people go to restaurants and sit at tables because they plan to eat... but good luck getting service here. You may have better luck if you sit at the bar.

• Visited July 2012
Clarksville, Arkansas
“Before dinner drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hubby and I were staying nearby, celebrating our aniversary with a weekend in Little Rock. Hubs loves Guiness and Irish pubs, so we took a walk and dropped in for before dinner drinks. The staff was friendly, their demeanor not affected by us planning to eat elsewhere. My cocktail was perfect. After having a Guinness which he pronounced an excellent pour, Hubby engaged the waitress in a discussion of whiskey. This resulted in him trying one she recommended. He loved it enough to have me write down the name as neither of us were familiar with it. The starters menu sounded wonderful. We'll definitely visit again, next time to try some of the food.

• Visited April 2012
Colbert, Georgia
“Pre-game dinner and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went to Cregeen's Irish Pub before an Arkansas Traveler's baseball game with a group of friends. The pub is located about a block east of the stadium and was easy to park at the stadium and walk to the pub. We had the Fried Pickles and Bacon Cheddar Fries from the Classic Starters menu and then I had the Chicken Champignon sandwich. The food was all served hot and tasty. The staff was friendly and approachable. There was a good variety of beer and non-alcoholic beverages. The starters were in the $5-$8 range and the sandwiches were $6-$10. There was on street parking and outdoor seating available. I would go here again even if not going to the game.

• Visited August 2012
USA
“Salt Soup”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Their specialty and signature soup is supposed to be the Guinness onion soup. I order a bowl and it looked great on arrival. My croutons were on the top and I didn't realize that they may have been floating on a salt lake. The soup had so much salt in it I couldn't eat much. What a shame because the atmosphere here was pleasant. Maybe I got a bad batch, would love to taste it without the salt!

• Visited July 2012