“The food is good, but the service was outstanding!”
Review of Corky's Ribs & BBQ

Corky's Ribs & BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Since 1996, Corky's has been serving the very best hickory-smoked ribs and BBQ at unbeatable prices, along with mouth-watering burgers, award-winning catfish, savory chicken, salads, tamales, nachos and so much more. Owned and operated by Joe Kleine, Tommy Hilburn and their families, we are proud to put a local spin on this Memphis favorite. Come see us at our locations in Little Rock and North Little Rock.
Little Rock, AR
“The food is good, but the service was outstanding!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I don't eat beef or pork, so I never go to Corky's. But I went there because my friend was having a 50th birthday party for her husband, and she told me that they had fish and chicken options. So I ordered the blackened tilapia with green beans and black eyed peas, along with a cabernet. The beans and peas were ok, but the fish was really good AND it came with 3 pieces. I must have looked hungry. The wine wasn't a major label, but it was decent and drinkable. Later on, I switched to Chardonnay (they don't have any pinot grigio), and it was the same - no big label brands, but decent and drinkable.

So, the food was good, but the best part of our experience was the service. Wow. Our server, Krystal, (or Crystal - not sure how she spells it) was absolutely fabulous. I've never seen anybody work harder or move faster. And to go with it, she was super nice. In my early years, I worked part time as a server and I don't think I moved THAT fast (and if I may say so, I thought I was pretty decent). But she was ON IT and never seemed to get flustered. We never had to wait more than 2 or 3 minutes for ANYTHING. And my husband and I ordered 3 or 4 glasses of wine and beer, along with food. So she didn't have to just serve us once or twice. Also, her quick service wasn't because the restaurant wasn't busy - it was. She's just that flipping quick. If you ever go there, be sure and ask for her. She really made our experience there very nice. In fact, we liked her so much, and she was just THAT good, that we tipped her 50%. If you ever read this Krystal/Crystal, thank you very much! And Corky's manager, if you ever read this, you need to know how rocking she is!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Tracy-BO1

Nashville, Tennessee
“Average all around.”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

First time to this restaurant while visiting friends in N Little Rock. Our service was not bad compared to so many others. The food was just not good. I ordered the catfish since that was heralded as their specialty. Blah. It was watery inside just not edible. So I turned to the hush puppies, oh my. They had jalapeños inside and were so hot I couldn't eat them. Jalapeños were too big and overwhelming. The fries were terrible, some sort of seasoned fries. Not sure what to call them but we didn't like them. Hubby had the half chicken which he said wasn't bad. The rolls with honey were the highlight! Disappointed.

Houston, TX USA
“Staff absent”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

A friend took me to Corky's. We walked in around 2 p.m. Please wait to be seated it said. No one showed and then no one showed. Finally a waitress across the restaurant flicks her head in her direction. We move that way. Another waitress comes and acts as if she is going to fall over the table with being casual and nonchalant. At great length we get our food which was ok but I have to admit everything was clouded by the horrid service. The waitress kept saying I'm not trying to ignore you. With us being the only ones in the restaurant what does that mean? That one trip was enough for me to never return again.

• Visited January 2014
North Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Young staff who don't care”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hostess greeted us with a confused look. Sat us in an off-room all by ourselves. Had to ask for a kid's menu(we had a 5 yo with us). Waitress didn't know basic questions about the menu(what are your sides?, what comes with kid meal?) Other staff was vacuuming and stacking chairs while we were still eating even though it was 8:15pm. Food was average to below average. No one there cared.

• Visited November 2012
kansas city
“A BBQ JOKE”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ate at the Corky's in North Little Rock. Being from Kansas City, I have heard that Corky's and their Memphis style BBQ was good. So I thought I would give it a try, even though it isn't the original Corky's in Memphis. First, I always judge a BBQ restaurant by their beef sandwich. I will tell you Corky's beef sandwich was an insult on good bbq. The beef brisket tasted like it was cooked in an oven, not cooked on a smoker. It was also chewy. If this is what Memphis calls good bbq, then they haven't been to Gates, Arthur Bryant's, or Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City. On the other hand, I thought the bbq sauce was decent. Even though the sandwich was not good, the service was great.

• Visited July 2013