“I called it the Ghetto Suite...”

Super 8 North Little Rock/McCain
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in North Little Rock
New Port Richey, Florida
“I called it the Ghetto Suite...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was told at check in, room had been totally been "redone" (whatever THAT means) but when getting in room and taking a look around, I came to realize that they had "redone" the room from yard sales and thrift stores...20 years ago:
Old furniture/pictures/lamps/beds/bedding from 80's or 90's, horrendously bad lighting, mirror on wall hung crooked--not even able to straighten it since tacked to wall, no matter where you sat on the couch your butt would sag down 4 inches, when room door closed could see nothing but sunshine around the door through the frame, bathroom door wouldn't shut without a very hard push but when not in bathroom the door wouldn't stay open to keep it cool in there, the flattest little pillows I have ever seen and no fitted sheets on the bed--used a flat sheet instead.
I was taking a nap on Sunday afternoon around 4pm and got a knock at the door...office guy wanted to come in and "inspect the furniture". I am checking out on Monday and my paperwork should show this, so nevertheless, was quite irritated that on a SUNDAY, they needed to come by and "inspect" my furniture. Had to tell him I was checking out tomorrow and to do it then. Just really irritated that I had to tell them this and I certainly wasn't letting in a stranger while I am half asleep in my underwear. I paid eighty seven dollars a nite for this "suite" and felt like it was VERY overpriced. I checked online and found I could have gotten a suite at the Hampton Inn for twenty dollars more a night and it was right across the parking lot. I have never been disappointed at Hampton Inn.
Ps..found out later that the bathtub had been recaulked before my arrival...I guess that is their idea of a "totally redone" room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
super8nlr, Manager at Super 8 North Little Rock/McCain, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 20% discount during your next stay. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you and bring letter at checking time
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 501-791-3200.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cabot, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I checked in and out of this hotel in around four hours and most of that time my husband and I were at the mall. This room was filthy. The cups for coffee had a horrible smell. At first I thought it was the water, then realized it was all the cups (all still in plastic). Then as I started looking around I found several things that eluded me to believe that this room was a previous drug dealers room, I went and asked the desk clerk to come and look at the room, after she stated the only other room she had was a suite and it would be an extra 90 dollars and I would receive no discount for the trouble! We checked out and went to the Super 8 of Jacksonville AR and found the room very clean and comfortable. Also the people that were staying at the North Little Rock Super 8 were very sketchy at best. Stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit

Travelers are raving about these North Little Rock hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was nice, it's fairly new. The only thing is one can not get extra bath towels for the room. I did get a pool towel for my hair. The pool had paint chips in the water, so no swimming on this visit. Over all the stay was good. PS: The bath tub water did not drain well at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#8 of 27 in North Little Rock
Hampton Inn North Little Rock McCain Mall
Hampton Inn North Little Rock Mc...
#1 of 27 in North Little Rock
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Little Rock - McCain Mall
Comfort Inn & Suites North Little Rock
Comfort Inn & Suites North Littl...
#13 of 27 in North Little Rock
Courtyard by Marriott Little Rock North
Courtyard by Marriott Little Roc...
#9 of 27 in North Little Rock
Baymont Inn & Suites North Little Rock
Baymont Inn & Suites North Littl...
#12 of 27 in North Little Rock

Been to Super 8 North Little Rock/McCain? Share your experiences!