“We had a very good stay at the Wyndham. The employees were...”

Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Hot Springs, Arkansas, Usa
“We had a very good stay at the Wyndham. The employees were...”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a very good stay at the Wyndham. The employees were professional and courteous and they all seemed eager to help. The facility is in excellent condition and I highly recommend your hotel for business or for pleasurer!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Becki Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I know that other reviews on this site have liked this hotel but I must add this experience to let everyone know that there is more to a good hotel experience than a confortable bed. First the plus part because that will be short: The bed was clean and comfortable and, as a three star hotel, clean though not fancy.
Now "the rest of the story". My husband and I stayed here two nights while he attended, at the hotel, a professional meeting. We reserved a room with queen bed which is about $99.00 and refused, at that time, the room with a hot tub which is about $150. Guaranteed late arrival. When we got there about 8pm they gave us a handicapped room with the hot tub. We said again that our reservation was for the queen room at that rate. They said the other room was all they had and it was to be at the queen rate. (May I say here that the cost was not the issue for us-we simply did not want the hot tub.) So we go to the room but the keys don't work so back to desk. Go in to settle our things and when I hang up my husband's suits the bottoms drag about three inches on floor because the closet bar is too low. I get that to have handicap the bar must be down but I have stayed in these type rooms before and the closet bar was high enough to prevent wrinkles in a suit jacket! Next I am shocked to see that the space between the end of the bed and the hot tub, which is in the room where you sleep replete with huge mirrors around it (that brought to mind a different class hotel!), is only about 18-19 inches from each other. This means a person in a wheelchair or on a walker cannot get to the other side of the bed or to the desk and chair or to the sliding glass door which leads outside in case of an emergency (first floor). So basically the handicapped person has rented half a room. But we are tired to just whine a bit and go to bed. The next day my husband goes to the meeting at 8am and I leave about 11 am. Two things hinge on these times. First, when I returned to the room at 5pm it had not been cleaned. When I called to tell desk they did not apologize and asured me it was "no problem". No problem for them but one for me. But the real story here is what happend next. May I say that this whole episode to come tells me that this hotel has a basic disconnect in understanding the hospitality industry. At 3:30 the program director came into the room during the presentations and told my husband the hotel manager needed to speak to him. That was after the manager, Mike, told her that he needed to speak to him. So he has to get up in front of everyone and go out. When he talks to Mike, my husband is told that they had rented the hot tub room and wanted him to move and that was not the room we had reserved. Well for sure--that was the whole discussion the night before. Plus I was there till 11am that day and I could have moved our stuff. Wouldn't you think they knew at that time? But my husband could not stop what he was doing and go move so he said no. So in effect, we are told we needed to get out of the room that they chose for us over the room we reserved. Guess we didn't get what we wanted nor did the other guest. But, since the room wasn't cleaned on time the other guests would have had a big surprise even if we had moved.
Finally, when we checked out I asked to speak to the manager, Mike. I quietly told him the problems and he essentially told me that he did not tell the program person to come get my husband though the manager was waiting there to talk to him, he said it was the program dirtector's fault, and that we hadn't reserved that room and he needed it for someone else. Talk about feeling like Cinderella-before the ball! He never offered any apology for any of it and made (tried to) me feel like I was unreasonable and should not have taken exception to any of this.
We stay in hotels at least 60 plus days a year for various reasons from business to pleasure so I am aware of problems that can crop up and of what true quality service is. It's not just a smiling face or a clean bed. It is also confidence that the staff is trained in such a way that if problems arise the guest will not be left with feeling that they have created a problem when they have not. If the manager had handled the problem differently either at the time or when I talked to him at checkout I would probably have let it go. But if you are staying here you'd better be clear on what you expect in the room, be ready to battle when you arrive and be thick skinned during your stay. And if handicapped, be sure to look at room before you settle in. Now, doesn't that sound like fun?!

Room Tip: "choose a good room" , go to another hotel!