“They have recently upgraded this property”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed April 23, 2012

When I first drove up to the Wyndham I was not impressed. Ongoing construction and very little parking. But first impressions can be wrong. The lobby is average but the staff was very friendly and helpful.The hotel is very spread out and there is only one small elevator to reach the second floor. Once I got to my room I was very impressed by both the size and cleanliness. The bed was very comfortable with great support and bedding. The room had a very plush leather couch which for this level of hotel is very unusual. Other features included a new HDTV with a large channel selection and a small refrigerator. The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure everything was done properly and any request was promptly addressed.
The pricing for the rooms is very competitive and if I am in Little Rock on business in the future I would not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: The lunch buffet at the steakhouse is really very good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

I am so happy to hear your feedback regarding the renovations we have done on our guestrooms recently.

All our guestrooms have new carpet, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, new air conditioners, new mattresses and freshly painted walls. We have put a lot of time and effort into making over our rooms in the last couple of years and it is very nice to hear how much our guests enjoy the work we have done.

I hope you will continue to make us your hotel of choice when in the Little Rock area. Should there be anything I can do for you during any future visit, I hope you will not hesitate to ask for me.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Overall it was a good stay for a night. The rooms are large and comfortable, (we were able to fit a baby crib) but it gets very noisy... We were lucky to stay in and indoor room, and we felt safer that way. There are a lot of wanderers in the parking lot, one person approached us as we were unloading, begging for "anything" and we were worried for our car, we ended up parking it closer to the front entrance. The staff was helpful as I told them about this and inmmediately came outside to scare this man away.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as soon as you make the reservation, maybe they'll help.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

I apologize for the welcome you received by the person who solicited you for money. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to quickly get him on his way. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and do not tolerate this type of behavior at our property and we appreciate it when guests bring this type of activity to our attention so we can prompty address it.

I hope you will continue to make our hotel your family's home away from home when in the Little Rock area.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed here while visiting relatives for Thanksgiving. The room was comfortable and common areas were very presentable. The lady working the front desk was a hoot and had a lot of personality, which was nice. We will return.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you for letting us be your home away from home during this holiday. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The hotel was nice. The rooms were elegantly decorated and very clean. There are 2 restaurants onsite.

• Stayed: December 2011
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will continue to make our hotel your home away from home when visiting the Little Rock area.

Should there ever be anything I can do for you during any visit, please do not hesitate to call upon me.

Best regards,
Wyndham Riverfront

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Gosh, where to even start. I have stayed at this hotel many times, probably almost every other weekend; however, this stay was absolutely terrible. So terrible that I probably won't come back. Firstly, with the exception of Justin, who usually checks me into my room, the front desk staff are terrible. Absolutely rude. They all acted like we were inconveniencing them by checking into my room. They all need some heavy training.
The rooms are way too expensive. My rate was $89.95. $101.00 total if you include taxes. I pay this amount for a room because I expect peace and quiet when I'm trying to sleep, and it upset me that when I called and reported excessive noise right outside my door, the staff did nothing to calm it down. I had to walk out my door and threaten to jump these fools in order to get the 2:30 AM noise to cease. The next morning I woke up wanting something to eat for breakfast. I go down to the room the buffet is usually served (I've eaten it every time I've been here) and the staff told me that for the holidays, they aren't serving the breakfast. Uh, what?!
Also, the website calls for 'High Speed Internet Access.' That is false advertisement because the internet connection has got to be dial up. It barely even loads a webpage. I use a mac, and I know for a fact that it works with WiFi.
So I literally paid over $100 for a room with no amenities. Just running water, electricity, and a TV with 11 channels. Absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to this horrible hotel. Really? No breakfast. What a joke.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am passing a copy of your comments onto our Guest Services Manager so he can share them with Justin. I am sure he will like to know how much you appreciated his service. Additionally, they will be shared with other staff members as a training tool because we expect all our staff to give nothing but the warmest greeting to our guests.

I want to apologize for the disturbance you experienced due to the guests who were noisy outside your room. We employee off duty police officers as overnight security to keep this type of disturbance to a minimum. An officer should have been called to the area if a disturbance was brought to the attention of our staff to put a stop to it immediately.

Lastly, I wanted to apologize for the confusion related to breakfast. We serve breakfast each and every day. We do not have a breakfast buffet during periods of extremely low occupancy. I am sure the server meant to state that we did not have a buffet that morning, not that we did not have breakfast available. I apologize for any inconvenience you incurred because of this miscommunication.

I hope you will give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the Little Rock area and if there is ever anything I can do for you during any future stay, I hope you will not hesitate to ask for me.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

Overall this hotel is clean, comfortable and a great place to stay. On my last visit I left some very expensive cloths in a drawer by mistake. Called within 2 hours after realizing it and they were gone and never found. I called over a two week period trying to have someone from management help me. They never did. Costly experience.

• Stayed: November 2011
blewis73, Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2011

I saw your comments on Trip Advisor and wanted to get back with you. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us. I would be more than happy to follow up with our Executive Housekeeper regarding the items you left behind to see if she can check lost and found once more. You may contact me at your conveninece at 501-907-4825.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were appalled at our experience with the Wyndham Riverfront in Little Rock.
We booked a room well in advance, using the same bank card we've used at every single hotel that we've ever booked online. We've used TripAdvisor quite a bit, and we pretty much exclusively make reservations online.

Not ONCE have we had any issues with our online reservations until we made the mistake of booking with this hotel.

We were unfortunate enough to book our room in this hotel for November 18th, the night before the Arkansas vs Miss. State game. This hotel happens to be within walking distance of the stadium, so naturally there was no parking. I was not surprised at this fact, but what did shock me was when we walked up to the counter and were told "We're sorry but we don't have >>ANY CARD ON FILE FOR YOU<< so we gave the room to someone else." They also tried to cite some rule that is not listed on their website (likely because it is non-existent) about the check-in time as well.

They referred us to a Best Western further away (because the manager of that Best Western ASKED them to) and we were extremely pleased with our stay there. It was a MUCH better experience than we likely would've gotten from the greed-driven employees of Wyndham. So, if you are looking to stay in North Little Rock, stay at the JFK Best Western - avoid Wyndham at all costs.

My wife and I will never again book a Wyndham for any reason due to the way we were treated here.

Room Tip: The most amazing room in the world isn't worth being treated like 2nd-rate customers simply beca...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
blewis73, General Manager at Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

I noticed your comments and wanted to write and apologize for the inconvenience you incurred with regards to the cancellation of your reservation.

The reservationist should have asked if you would like to guarantee the reservation with a credit card when making your reservation. Rooms not guaranteed with a credit card are generally cancelled at 5:00pm especially during times of high demand to ensure rooms do not go empty that could have been sold. When a non guaranteed room has been cancelled and not resold, if the guest arrives, we will reinstate the reservation for the guest, however, we cannot guarantee that the room will be held without a credit card guaranteeing payment for the room.

Most hotels follow these same guidelines with regards to non guaranteed reservations in order to ensure definite revenue is not turned away holding rooms for guests who may or may not show.

Should you have any questions regarding the policy, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope you will give us another try in the future and if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future, I hope you will not hesitate to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
The Burgundy Hotel
The Burgundy Hotel
#3 of 64 in Little Rock
Homewood Suites by Hilton Little Rock Downtown

Been to Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock? Share your experiences!