“Parking lot is too scary to make the value worth it”

Motel 6 Little Rock - North
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Arlington, Virginia
“Parking lot is too scary to make the value worth it”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here because it was a pet-friendly hotel and arrived after 11PM. Had I arrived any earlier, I would have looked for ANYWHERE else to stay. There was a strange woman standing in the parking lot ALL night long and I was terrified to sleep for fear of my car being broken into. Not to mention, the people next to us were in and out of their room all night - disturbing me and causing my dog to bark like crazy. All in all, this is a cheap, pet-friendly, and relatively clean/comfortable Motel 6 - but the fear I felt all night long FAR, FAR outweighed all of those benefits. Do NOT stay here... seriously, you will regret it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Traveling cross country with my family including a two year old and dogs. This place is an absolute joke and should be shut down. Drunks and drug dealers roaming around...dirty nasty room. Our non smoking room reaked of smoke. One of the beds looked like someone was just laying on it. My husband has a conceal carry and pulled his weapon out immediately. The owners had no concern as to why we were leaving. Stay away!!!!! The cheap price is not worth your health or safety.

• Stayed April 2013

Travelers are raving about these North Little Rock hotels

West Hollywood, California
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I just checked in about 3 hours ago, and so far, there has been a couple repairing their car in the lot, 2 trains, and 2 trucks that pulled in. Boy, these walls must be thin!
The walls- now there's another sore spot. They are patched. Badly. I think this is a high drug area- I'm from LA, I think I should know!
Management should be cracking down ( no pun intended) on the bad element that seems to hang here. Maybe hire a private security guard?
I can't fault management, they seem like very nice folks, but the neighborhood! Why didn't someone write about how sketchy this neighborhood is???
Hint-when there isn't even a Subway or McDonalds in the neighborhood, that's usually a sign. And the loud music isn't helping. I'm almost 40- I really don't share your music interests!
I would check out, but everything is unloaded and I've been driving too long to put everything back in the car and get on the road again. I just hope the car is there in the morning! I'll write an update!

Room Tip: Umm... You really want a good room in Arkansas? Either stay at the Van Buren Motel 6- they are furth...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2012

positives: this is one of the refreshed motel 6s so it has fake wood flooring not carpeting, flat screen tv, 50 cable channels, king beds, microwave in the lobby, grocery stores and gas stations nearby.

negatives: there was lots of black mold above the bathtub, balconies and flooring were dirty, the matress was thin and uncomfortable, there were people on the balcony outside all night long and they were noisy so it was hard to sleep. hard to find also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2012

On a cross country road trip with pets so we decided to keep our lodging inexpensive and right off the highway. This hotel was the most disgusting place I have ever seen. The room was advertised as renovated. Uh, not so much. I guess renovation means a coat of orange paint and a new towel holder. The floors were stained. It was a non smoking room but reaked like it was a smoking room just yesterday. Dirt in corners. Dirt on mattress (maybe worse than dirt...I don't even want to think about it). Lousy neighborhood with very sketchy individuals roaming the property, including a very drunk, shirtless man hanging out and chatting with the front desk girl. I was scared to go in the office. Motel 6 advertises that they'll "Leave the light on." That's a good thing for fear of what you'll step on. NEVER again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stay at Motel 6's because they don't charge extra for my dog but after staying in this Motel 6 I have had enough of subpar accommodations. They advertise that all the rooms are new but the renovation must have been a long time ago because the vinyl floors were warped and torn, the fixture on the sink wasn't secure...I could literally twist the spout to the left and right which made it difficult to turn on and off with one hand. In the bathroom, there was no tissue roll holder. Are you kidding me? You could go to Target and pick one up for a few bucks. The towel rack had been pulled out from the wall so there were holes in the wall where this should have been. Obviously I had no where to hang a towel.

Bed was so hard, as all Motel 6's I have stayed at but this one was especially hard...I woke up some nights with my arm numb. My son did not sleep well either.

My dog didn't mind it; there were plenty of places for him to smell next door at the Girl Scouts of America parking lot.

Room was relatively clean. I wiped the floors down with a towel before entering and it was a little dirty but not filthy. I always remove the bedspread/blanket and bring my own...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Everytime I wanted to walk across the room to the bathroom area I would have to kill a large bug. When I referred this issue to the manager he told me they always had bugs and that the bug exterminator came in every month. He was not concerned and did not offer to rectify the situtation. His attitude was deal with it or leave unrefunded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business