“Basic, clean room but not a nice area” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Little Rock - North

Motel 6 Little Rock - North
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Basic, clean room but not a nice area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This a good cheap room for the fearless traveller! A lot of people hanging around outside and I was offered cannabis whilst using the laundry facilities. Friendly staff but far too intimidating to think about going back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had read the reviews but we arrived in town very late and were just in need of a bed.

I was a pretty skeptical to begin with but figured we knew what to expect bc it was a Motel 6. I got even more scared when the reception was behind bulletproof plastic but was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to my room. (Looks like they have done some upgrades new furniture, flat screen, new flooring.) But there were still some of the issues described in other reviews: cig burns in bedspread, some things that needed repairing and bugs! (my friend killed a huge cockroach!!) also, tv and wi-fi signals were weak.

like I said, you get what you pay for...

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these North Little Rock hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

whilst travelling across the country, we needed a night stay an this seemed to be the nearest as it was late at night we didnt know what the area was like. this motel was awfull and has put me off staying in any motel ever again! the room was absolutely disgusting and i slept in my sleeping bag! the floor i didnt want to walk on without my shoes! the noise from the next door room was so loud i was awake every hour or so! you could hear conversations next door which was so hard to get to sleep, as it was foreign it was making me feel really uncomfortable as they were so loud! everytime they got up to go to the toilet you heard it flush! it would wake you up. i could not wait to get out of this hotel, i was scared to come out the room the next morning, as i didnt know what the area would be like. such a bad experience, i will never stay in a motel 6 again if i can help it. i would never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed here for a night on our way to Atlanta. Check in was painless but the office reeks of curry (owners are Indian - dots, not feathers) but don't let it fool you, this Motel 6 is not that bad. It's close to downtown and right off of I-40. There's a TON of TV channels (my son was happy that they had Nick & Cartoon Network). They had a security guard in the parking lot overnight but I didn't feel unsafe at anytime whether he was there or not.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

The walls were paper thin. Just some sheetrock and studs-nothing else. The newfangled A/C and heat unit could not be programmed where the fan would run constantly, which seriously would have helped to drown out the noise. It was a Saturday night, I understand the hotel is nearly full that night, but I could hear every knock, bump, and did I mention the TRAIN that was nearby? Well trains were coming through about every 30 to 45 minutes all night. Shower was old, 3 knob model and it was hard to adjust the water temperature. The lady who checked me in seemed intent working out my concerns, but when she sent the "maintenance man" over to see how I could keep the fan running to help drown out the other noise, he reeked of intoxicants and I could tell that the best hours of his day were behind him now.

Room had been freshly painted, and the bed spread was new, but it was NOT comfortable at all. I went to Wal Mart to see if I could find a FAN to plug in and run to drown out the noise, but they were out of stock. I checked out at 5am and told the man I would never be back because if I am paying for the room, I expect better than this. One of the worst stays ever!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I was driving from Maine to Texas and got reservations at this Motel 6 ahead of time. Now that I have read the reviews from other travelers, I agree with them whole heartedly. This is by far the worst motel / hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. I have stayed at dirty hotels in third world countries that are better than this one. The carpet had probably never been cleaned. Imagine ground in grease. I should have ran out after I first saw the bugs in the bathroom. I thought, "Well, things happen," and went to sleep anyway. An hour later, I woke up and turned on the light. There were roaches on the walls, roaches on the ceiling, roaches crawling in my shoes. I grapped my clothes and shook out the bugs. Grabbed my backpack and a herd of roaches ran from the spot on the table where my backpack had sat. I am not exaggerating. There were hundreds of bugs in the room. ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHAT SO EVER, STAY AT THIS MOTEL. I called the manager the next morning (I had driven to Texas during the night) and his response was a "yeah, Ok, whatever."

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank IdrivealotMaine
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

Stayed one night due to the location and budget constraints. I did not expect much of a motel 6, but this didn't even meet basic expectations. Check in was OK, but upon arriving at my room. I should have left at initial topical glance inspection. Carpet, furniture, and room as a whole was badly worn and filthy. I know better but decided I was too tired to move to another hotel and fight for a refund. In reality, I should have left regardless as I did not get the needed sleep that I had hoped for.

While not the fault of the motel, shortly after arrival, I was "panhandled by telephone" reportedly by an adjacent room guest who reported that she was in town visiting a relative at the hospital, but who reportedly only had credit cards and needed cash to borrow cash to pay for a pizza that she had ordered while the remainder of her party was out. While I had no problems with vandalism, etc with my car (parked by the room door), I noted several apparent guests wandering outside the building at late hours. As I was trying to relax by reading a newspaper on the bed, I felt something touch me and spied a moving creature which I believe was a 2"+ long waterbug which I caught and left for the manager. I subsequently found several other live and dead insects on the counter, air conditioning and in the shower, which did not drain properly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business