“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in North Little Rock
McAlester, Oklahoma
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I chose this based entirely on tripadvisor ratings and reviews. We were not disappointed, but we were not "wowed", either. It was a perfectly good stay for two nights. I really have no serious complaints.

The room was spacious, very clean, and had a fridge, micro, coffee pot, and TV. TV reception was not so great, but was more than adequate to watch news and cable movies. As other reviewers noted, the AC unit was a slight bit noisy, but I like a bit of white noise--it helps me sleep. Bathroom was very clean and well stocked.

Staff were very friendly whenever we encountered them. The room rate was very competitive and I felt it was a good deal compared with similar lodging. Check in and check out were a breeze.

Breakfast was....okay. It is a hot and cold breakfast, per the usual in these hotels. The food was fresh and hot, but it was not at all noteworthy. Not as many selections as similar places offer. It was definitely satisfactory, and will fill you up plenty, but you won't be talking about how good it was later. Both days the selection was--reconstituted scrambled eggs, mini-sausage muffins, biscuits, a very bland gravy, make-your-own waffles, the usual breads, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, and coffee and juices. I want to note again, the food was always very fresh.

All-in-all, a very good value. Clean, well-priced, and a good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bwsherwood, General Manager at Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Mr. Qbeing,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting North Little Rock as well as taking the time to review your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us make the necessary improvements for you as well as other future guests. I hope you had a good night's rest, and a wonderful breakfast to start your morning off right. I invite you to stay with us again for your future travels to North Little Rock!

Yours Sincerely,
Nick Sitaram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've stayed in my fair share of hotels due to work and vacations and I must say that this hotel far exceeds all my expectations. The staff was so friendly and helpful and took the time to talk to me to make sure everything was fine with the room after I got settled in and even when I would get back after a long day of work. It felt like home away from home, and believe me I was missing home but they made it better which is a quality you can't buy. They always had a smile on there faces which was nice to see- especially in this world today. The hotel is easy to get too, the rooms are great and comfortable, there's restaurants and shopping close by, and you get a yummy breakfast for free - now you can't beat that!!! :-) I would definitely/will recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. And I will be staying back there again.

• Stayed April 2013
bwsherwood, Director of Sales at Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Ms. Kimberley,

We here at the Best Western Plus Sherwood Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your nice review. Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was expecting perhaps a bit more, after being ranked #3. However, the basics were fine: very clean, friendly customer service, competitive breakfast, adequate parking. The front desk was most kind and helpful, and placed our 3 parties all on the first floor-- even accommodating a handicapped room with a nice shower instead of a tub. The amenities were fine, except for placing the coffee maker in the bathroom, and cheaper brand of tissues. We got the suite which was well worth the extra $16. Very comfortable and thick mattress on the king bed, and fairly quiet during the night. Nice touch to sanitize the remote, and a followup phone call to see if the room was alright.
Now the negatives: Shower curtain rod was about to fall off the wall. The handle on the tub shower was loose, making it difficult to control the all-or-nothing water temperature/pressure. Several areas of caulking were peeling off, bathroom floor tile grout was stained a bit, compressor of the A/C was squeaky/noisy, and the curtains at the A/C needed to be secured with my shoes to keep from billowing out from the airflow. These were of course just maintainence and age issues, with did not detract much from our stay. The location was fine, but somewhat squirrelly access off of the freeway coming from the South.
We would book again, and you should be fine with this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank danielcbush
Port Tobacco, Maryland, Usa
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very clean, very comfortable and the desk clerks were awesome. Loved location. Loved rates. My only comment was the breakfast ~ could be better. Waffles were great ~ everything else just so so. Loved it

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Star City, Arkansas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed here while visiting family before and had a great stay. My children and I were in town visiting family again and decided to return to this hotel since we had such a wonderful stay before. We really enjoyed all the new upgrades and renovations that had been done, especially the breakfast room. The staff was pleasant and helpful as before. We will be back soon and plan on making this our home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bwsherwood, General Manager at Best Western Sherwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Ms. Aiken,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want this hotel to be a guest’s “home away from home.” We strive to maintain a clean hotel, a beautiful landscape, and provide great service for our guests. Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Nick Sitaram
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stopped for one night while visiting family. Everything was great...Better than I would expected at the price point. Great value place...Will be back! I would have rather stayed downtown or in a location closer to restaurants, but access to the interstate was a snap. Staff was very efficient and friendly. Great place for traveling youth baseball teams (we noticed).

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I came to Sherwood to visit relatives. Our stay was fabulous! Very clean, staff was super nice and the rooms are very cozy! Saved on gas too because there were alot of places eat and shop nearby. Thumbsup!

• Stayed February 2013