“Great food - bad service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of David's Burgers

David's Burgers
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Though the name David’s Burgers may be a fairly new name to you, it’s actually rooted in a deep family history of restauranteurs, tradition and craftsmanship. David Alan Bubbus created David’s Burgers as a tribute to his father, David Bubbus Sr., who had become a master butcher at the age of sixteen. Mr. Bubbus Sr. grew up in Central Arkansas and began his career in the meat industry at the age of five working for Johnny Jacobs Meat Market in North Little Rock. He managed his first restaurant, the JaMar in Pine Bluff, at the age of nineteen in 1963 and opened his own restaurant, El Matador, in Pine Bluff, Arkansas in1967. For over half a century, Mr. Bubbus Sr. has been instrumental in developing numerous restaurants, restaurant chains and even franchises (such as Chicken Country) throughout Arkansas while bringing his knowledge, passion and insistence of quality to the plates of millions of patrons. David Bubbus Sr. is the Butcher Boy.David’s Burgers is founded on the knowledge and principles of David Bubbus Sr. along with the traditions and craftsmanship found in master butcher shops. The black and white pictures you see on the walls are our family pictures. They’re our way of welcoming you into our home and we hope they will take you back to a time when things were simple and straightforward, which is what we’re all about. We are the only hamburger restaurant with beef that is handcut from US Choice Chuck and ground for that days use. You can see our US Choice Chuck displayed proudly in a nostalgic butcher case at our entrance. We never include trimmings, fillers or other inferior beef by-products. The foundation of our traditional hamburger is simply incredible beef with the highest standard of quality control. Our fries are hand cut potatoes made fresh throughout the day. There’s an amazing amount of passion and detail that goes into our food. It’s our hope that you have an extraordinary experience with excellent service and we sincerely thank you for being our guest!
NLR
“Great food - bad service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The food here is wonderful - best burgers I've ever had! I do have to agree with one reviewer that the menu is very small and limited.
I go because I love the food but the service is some of the worst I've ever received. Not one single time have I ever actually got a drink when I ordered it. EVERY time I've been, the first thing you order is a drink and they've always "forgot" to bring my drink out. I've had them bring my food and ask if I needed anything else - at that point I make them aware that I've been there for 20min and never received a drink. Awful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Overton, Texas, United States
“GREASE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The place itself is nice, all 50s style, music and all. The staff is fun and always moving around, and attentive. The food, though...it tastes decent, I guess, but beware the grease. It is SO greasy. It will just gush out of your burger when you take a bite. I get a stomachache every time we go. The menu is a little limited, also, but the thing that really turns me off to it is just the ridiculous amount of grease.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maumelle
“Best burger in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We absolutely love David's Burgers. Not only are the people great, but the food and atmosphere are outstanding. My husband and I have been to all of the "burger joints" around town and David's is by far the best. We love the old fashioned style griddle burger just as much as the songs playing on the juke box. Fries are fresh and unlimited. They bring hot fries to your table while you wait and another fresh batch with your meal. We always have fast, friendly service when we visit. Never disappointed!

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Fresh flavorable burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very limited menu, but you go there for the burgers. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The burgers were very tasty but the fries were rather bland I felt. Gave us samples of the ice cream and it was rich and creamy. 50's themed interior. Located close to the mall.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best burgers in North Little Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I think this is a wonderful place to get great burgers and fries. There are never ending fried brought hot to your table as long as you can stuff them down and the ground meat for the burgers is so fresh and tender. Give the a try. Great and friendly service.

• Visited September 2013