“Nice little lunch spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Nice little lunch spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at E's for lunch twice in the last few weeks and enjoyed it! So far, we have tried the Shrimp Appetizer, Tomato Pie, the Cuban sandwich, the Fish Tacos, and the Chicken Enchiladas. The food has been fresh and delicious, and the service has been very pleasant. They serve nice desserts, but we haven't had room to try them yet. Gee, I guess we have to go back and save some room next time!

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“E's Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a cute, small place in a strip shopping center. Doesn't sound good? Think again! It has only about 12 tables and is simple but pretty inside. The food is what shines. It really is a gourmet lunch spot. They do dinner but I have not been there for that. The key here is great local sourced food that is well prepared and presented nicely. The fried green tomato, bacon, and lettuce sandwich is wonderful. They do sauces and spreads that don't overwhelm the food but really add a surprise taste that is very good. They make their own desserts too so there is a fresh daily selection that is different each day. this is a great place to come for lunch and visit with friends and enjoy special food without all the fuss. The staff is very nice too. Only one word of caution, sometimes they are a bit slow so if time is a big issue I'd go to the drive thru somewhere!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arkansas
“The soggiest chicken salad sandwich EVER!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Made the mistake of getting a chicken salad sandwich to go. It was without a doubt the soggiest sandwich I have ever had the misfortune to try to eat. The bottom bread was swimming in liquid (I could have literally wrung it out like a wet towel) and I had to pull it off and throw it away. This may have been caused by ordering fruit on the side in lieu of chips. Wish I had ordered chips. The fruit consisted of brown pineapple, sketchy looking grapes and a few pieces of decent tasting cantelope.

Speaking of grapes - I do love grapes in my chicken salad. The grapes on this sandwich were the size of small golf balls. I guess they never heard about slicing them INTO the chicken salad rather than leaving them whole. The gigantic grapes made for very interesting bread placement on the top half of the sandwich. I wondered why they didn't use the normal size grapes from the side order of fruit IN the chicken salad and serve the golf ball sized ones on the side.

In all - it was typical of what I expect to get when I forget and decide to give E's another chance. I stop by about once a year (all the while thinking it HAS to have gotten better), but nope, there is always something stupid and completely avoidable that ruins the dining experience. Honestly - this chick must have unlimited access to funds because I just can't figure out how she stays in business.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arkansas
“Quiet place to eat good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I like that it is small and quiet and very well staffed. The food is good and fresh and made when you order. I do not know if they buy local food but it is locally owned and very delicious. We go here often. It is tucked way in a small shopping center that a person wouldn't expect to find such a good restaurant.

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We drive by this place all the time but finally decided to stop by last week. We were certainly glad we did! It was Sunday afternoon brunch. I ordered the eggs Benedict, my wife had the tomato pie, and we had mandarin orange cake for desert. Everything was outstanding!! Decor and atmosphere was very nice as well. We will def be back! A+!!