“Timeless Good Standard”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The usual attentive service and well-cooked well-presented food, although I could personally survive withoit the grits and gravy, hash browns were excellent and poached eggs made a welcome chnahe to over-easy.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Food was well cooked, hot and cold entrees were kept at appropriate levels. I had ordered fish, and I didn't want my coleslaw to be mixed with my fries and fish on a hot plate. Very accomodating for doggie bags.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Me and my wife visit anytime we are in the mood to eat and pick up a couple of things in their store. Always great food, good service, and reasonable prices, along with a very interesting store, where it is very hard to walk out without something extra.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Cracker Barrel is pretty much the only place we know that the entire family will enjoy. We have two children under five and they love this place. The menus with crayons and the mind game keep them occupied.
First of all, for those who have never gone to a Cracker Barrel, you really need to. It has a country store (and smell) like feel when you walk in. There are plenty of gifts and ole timey candies and soft drinks to keep you busy browsing for awhile.
The restaurant is all wooden with a large hearth fire (lit when it is cold) near the kitchen. There are old signs and pictures placed throughout. The staff are congenial and if you get coffee, they come around enough to keep your cup warm.
The food comes in large portions, though it may not seem like it because they often place all of your meal on separate plates.
May I recommend the pancakes. Theirs are the best pancakes I have eaten ANYWHERE! No joke. The hash brown casserole is delicious as is their bacon and eggs. Their cheeseburger is large and tasty and it comes with great steak-fries that you can relish with a bottle of Heinz on the table. The Sunday fried chicken is superb.
Recently, we had a family celebration, and I got to choose where to go. Where do you think we went?

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Comfortfood to the max. Chicken and Dumlings with the hash browns were great - and the blue bell ice cream was awesome! A good place to eat