“My Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Review of Santo Coyote

Santo Coyote
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I eat here often. It is by far the best mexican restaurant in the Little Rock, North Little Rock area. The service is excellent and they have the best frozen margaritas I've ever had. The food is always good. I have yet to have a bad dining experience at this restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant to travelers and locals, and challenge them to find a better mexican restaurant in the area.

There are newer reviews for Santo Coyote

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My fave! I love the upscale atmosphere without the usual upscale prices. While not as cheap as the run of the mill Mexican restaurants you see on every corner, the quality of the food and drinks are excellent and a great value for a nice meal out. I recommend the guacamole at the table and the variety of soups, which can also be ordered by the cup. I especially love the cream of pablano. My husband enjoys the tapas, which can be combined for a light meal when you're not that hungry. The cheese dip varieties are good and reasonably priced. The "normal" fare (enchiladas, tacos...) are okay, not any better than anywhere else in my opinion. We prefer and enjoy the variety of chicken and pork dishes that don't appear on other menus. The service at the North Little rock location is inconsistent. Not terrible ever, but not the strongest. However, I keep returning for the great food and atmosphere, and this continues to be my favorite place to eat.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was here for the second time yesterday. The food was consistently good both visits. I really like their Poblano Soup made with corn and cheese. The burrito I had was made with shrimp, scallops and fish in a spinach tortilla. It was delicious! My wife and daughter were also happy with their meals. My daughter is a picky eater. Cheese enchilada with cheese sauce. Nothing else, no red stuff, no green stuff. With beans but no rice. She was very happy because they served it just as requested. The guacamole is prepared at your table and it is excellent!

This is an upbeat place with a large assortment of alcoholic beverages. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

When it comes to Mexican food I tend to be a bit picky. Someone with Mexican roots who grew up in Southern California, I expect a lot. For several years I have had several individuals rave about this place and when my friend suggested we eat there when we were hanging out, I agreed.

The atmosphere is quite nice. The staff are dressed very professionally and the restaurant has been decorated in a manner that screams dress up when you dine here. We had to wait, but not long. The booth we were at was quite comfortable and well taken care of.

When the waitress asked for our drinks, I asked if they had horchata. I was told they did not which for me drops a bit of the authenticity, but I was pleasantly surprised by the menu. They had authentic-looking dishes, such as mole. I ordered a chimichanga (I know. I said I pride myself on Mexican food, but they are so good.) We also ordered a guacamole.

Now, I had heard that they make it at the table and they did. To be honest, this wasn't such a thrill for me because I grew up surrounded by avocado groves and continue to make and eat guacamole regularly. My friend, on the other hand, thought this was awesome. The taste of the guacamole was a different story. VERY DELICIOUS! The serranos added a nice bit to it, not to mention flavor.

The food was wonderful and there was nothing that could have been left out. One aspect of the experience I did not care for was that while I was still working on the guacamole, the waitress came and placed the salsa upside down in it and said thank you for coming as she took it away. To be fair, there wasn't much left and they had a quite a few people waiting and my friend and I had been there awhile, but the guacamole was not cheap and I wasn't done. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience and the food was definitely worth raving about.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to this restaurant in the Pleasant Ridge Shopping centre for dinner. The food was okay...not outstanding...a little bit more expensive than one would expect to pay for Mexican food. In comparison, Senor Tequila on Bowman is a much better restaurant if you are wanting Mexican food with good to excellent quality, price and service.