“We're addicted to Larry's”

Larry's Pizza of North Little Rock
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Delicious pizzas, sandwiches, salads and wings, including our incredible dessert pizzas. Buffets include our Famous Pizza Parade where our extensive selection of pizzas are served piping hot at your table. Make the pizza you crave with our list of unique ingredients. Serving Central Arkansas since 1992.
Reviewed June 15, 2011

For years, we heard friends talk about the original Larry's location and how they would drive all the way across town to eat there. I figured it was probably a step above Pizza Hut but couldn't hold a light to California Pizza Kitchen or other specialty pizza restaurants. My husband talked about having it at work, and then my mom talked about eating at the new location downtown. I still wasn't sure I could be convinced. The first time we tried it, I ordered a pepperoni pizza...much to my husband's dissatisfaction. He couldn't see the point when the menu was full of unique combinations. I still didn't see what the fuss was about. But then Larry's came to our side of the river. Every friend on FourSquare was posting that they were at Larry's for the Tuesday or Friday night buffet. Not wanting to be left out, we tried it again. It only took one visit, and I was addicted. My husband was addicted. Our kids were addicted (forget about the presidential push for healthier food for just a minute). Everyone instantly had their favorites. I prefer the margherita, garlic chicken, honey mustard chicken and buffalo chicken. My husband loves the baked potato (with sour cream please) and chicken fajita. The kids stuff their faces with the cheese (they're kids remember) and cheese al-fa-RAY-do, as my youngest says. They manage to snag a few cinnamon sticks and the Bavarian Creme for dessert. But we never, EVER leave without the grand finale...hot chocolate chip peanut butter! There are many more options to choose from, but these are personal to us. If you aren't in the mood for anything on the menu or are uber picky, tell a server your wildest combination of toppings and they'll have it made and brought to your table first. Of course this is only during the buffet which is at lunch daily (including Saturday, perfect after a big ballgame) and on Tuesday and Friday evenings. The crowd seems smaller during the summer months, but once schools starts in the fall be prepared to arrive early or be willing to wait for a table and hope you get it before the buffet shuts down. You can actually get up and walk to the fixed buffet or wait for the most recent pizza fresh from the oven to be walked around the restaurant. Don't worry, the high school kids who work as servers will yell out the name of what they have in hand. Be prepared to shout back, raise your hand, chase them down, etc. if it's a popular one. It might not survive the tour of tables. If you feel the need for balance in your diet, there is a salad bar. It's pretty basic with colorless shredded iceberg lettuce and the standard toppings. But combine it with a veggie or chicken pizza and guilt about your diet might not consume you. If the kids finish before you do, send them off to the small but adequate game room. A mini version of Chuck E. Cheese's with WAY better pizza. Larry's has such a following, or North Little Rock has such an addiction, be prepared to see someone you know. Don't worry about your makeup though, pizza is their focus, not you. Unless you take the last piece of chocolate chip peanut butter. No, this isn't CPK, deep dish Chicago, or coal-fired NY with fresh mozzarella. Those are unique and delicious in their own way. This is Larry's, and it's NLR's finest.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

When this particular location of Larry's opened, I was happy because it is fairly close to both my home and work. We ate at Larry's at least weekly.

But a few months back, I get a very upset stomach after eating at this location.

Fast-forward to this past week. My daughters picked Larry's so I gave in. After lunch, two of the 6 inour party got sick. The only thing the two of us ate in common wa sthe salad bar. Our best guess was the somewhat suspec lettuce.

It is nice that employees bring pizza around to the tables. Unfortunately, the kitchen and servers don't apparently communicate well- as a promised pizza variety may or may not ever show up.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have known Larry since he started out in a small shop over in SWLR back in mid 90's and he would hate to see this place on JFK the service is horrible the food has the larrys name but does not taste the same not to happy being served by kids looking like thugs with shorts down around their waste it is an overall sad place to eat. It just feels like they could care less if you eat there again or not. Will not go back to this one again ever. I'll drve to Bryant to eat at the one Larrys still owns.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

My daughter had ordered takeout from Larry's when my wife and I had visited her on our trips to Little Rock and we had enjoyed their pizza. We went to Larry's late last summer on a Friday night for their buffet. The place was really hopping with people and kids. They have a buffet line for pizza and for salad. They also have servers coming around every few minutes bringing out hot pizza of different varieties. And you can tell the servers what kind of pizza you want and they will see that it is cooked up and delivered around the room. My favorite was the honey mustard chicken pizza. Larry's has good service and good pizza.