“Love visiting the Sub!”

Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have visited the Maritime Museum several times, usally with friends or family. Always interesting, every time I visit, I always see something I missed on the last visit, or learn a little detail I didn't know.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We visited the museum and sub in early August. The museum was Ok but the sub tour was great. Our entire group (6) was surprised at how good the tour was. The museum has done a great job restoring the sub and the tour guides are very knowledgable. Well worth visiting.
Be prepared to climb up and down ladders and the interior of the sub is tight.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was great! The staff at the AIMM are very friendly and knowledgeable, and you can tell that they're excited to come to work everyday. The museum is small but full of interesting information and items. The tour of the submarine is DEFINITELY worth the price of admission (as long as you're not claustrophobic). Although the sub is decommissioned, most of its machinery is still in tact (and operational, which is why they tell you not to touch anything!). If you're concerned about your ability to navigate the sub, make sure you take advantage of the "practice" doorway outside the museum first!
Our tour guide, John, was a former sailor who spent time on submarines, so he was able to pepper our tour with stories from his personal experiences.
This is a great attraction both for history lovers (like my husband) and those who are just looking for a new experience (like me)!

1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Arkansas is land locked except for the river running through it. Hence, the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum. I live in Little Rock and have visited the Razorback Submarine and the little naval museum connected with it several times with family and friends. I've also worked on the Beacon of Peace and Hope and the Peace Garden that is at the entrance. This is a must see for young people, particularly, to get a sense of naval history and the part submarines have played in that history. It should be mentioned that the sub is air conditioned and tours move right along. I tend toward a little claustraphobia, but was relatively comfortable in these close quarters. It sure gives you information about what life is like on a submarine.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The tour of the USS Razorback was outstanding. It's not often that you get to climb aboard a sub and see what life was like for the men. We had a complete blast and will probably go back again.