“Business travel”

Hilton Garden Inn North Little Rock
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent food and service overall. Best hotel I've ever eaten during business trips. I'll recommend it to anyone that is looking for a place to stay in Little Rock. I heard the hotels downtown were not as good.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn North Little Rock

Reviewed July 28, 2013

As a Diamond member with Hilton, I have stayed at my share of Hilton chain hotels. I was very glad to see the Garden Inn chain start up because I enjoy having the food amenities on site. I thought the 'dial your number' bed sounded like a good idea, so I dialed a number and crawled in bed. After an hour of tossing and turning, I dialed another number. This pattern repeated itself several times throughout the night. As a result of this, I did not feel refreshed in the morning.

The staff here have been very friendly. The restaurant serves decent food with lots of smiles. Always nice to have someone smile at you in the morning. The workout room is adequate. It surprises me how few people use the gym. Sometimes, not this time, I can’t get on a treadmill at the time I want so when I travel by car, I throw in my hula hoop to entertain and exercise myself on those occasions.

This hotel is not the only Garden Inn where I've had the ‘bed number’ issue, it's been at ALL the Hilton Garden Inns. Therefore, I'm doing my best to avoid them. I think it would be nice if I could have an old timey bed choice when I make my reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Tucked away on a side street well insulated from road noise. Clean quiet room, well appointed. Both pool and whirlpool were a treat. Staff helpful and courteous. Our room was not ready when we got there, and we were a bit concerned being assigned a room on the second floor across from the elevator (usually a noisy location). Both front desk clerk and mgr worked it a bit and got us a very nice room on the fourth floor down towards the end of the hallway. Definietly worth staying at!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The location is great by two malls. The staff was wonderful! Rhonda greeted us with a smile . The rooms was extremely clean. The bed was great in our room. The hallway was not noisy and parking was not bad at all.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Andersoncrew
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We loved our stay - wished to pool was open after 10. We returned after dinner and shopping hoping to spend time around the pool, but it closed at 10 PM. The suite was wonderful and we had a place to visit and rest when we returned from our night out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I ordered a fire-roasted quesadilla through room service. The quesadilla was the best quesadilla I have ever had. The service was prompt and the server who delivered it to my room was a sweetheart. I was more than satisfied with the food and service I received during my stay. Would stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Alexia W
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed one night, loved the location and all the restaurants nearby. Easy to get in and out of and convenient to highways. It looks like the rooms and hallways were recently remodeled, as they looked good. Standard Hilton Garden Inn. Continue to be loyal to Hilton, but still say the service makes or break any place.

I read some other comments on here about the adjustable bed and I, too, had difficulty getting it be the right firmness. But since it was only one night, I just chocked it up to not having enough time (days) to tinker with it.

Check in here was lengthy and required scanning of the credit card again. Not sure why the Dubuque HGI can ask if I wish to keep the same credit card and Hilton HHonors info when I walk up, and if yes, had me a portfolio with room keys and say "enjoy your stay". If that works at one, why not all of them?

Breakfast was good. The chef that morning was asked if he could do an egg-white omelet and he said it was his specialty. He was not lying. Left an extra tip just for him. Great food. Note: the fresh fruit had been heavily doused in lemon juice, or perhaps some other preservative, and it make all the melon, pineapple, applies, etc. taste similar and blah.

While at breakfast, one of the servers was screaming (literally) at the kitchen she was still waiting on "waffles and I am out of here". My impression was that her shift was almost over, and after a long morning, she was ready to go. But shouting at the kitchen where all could hear is unacceptable. Call the Aurora HGI, or even the Denver HGI (see my reviews about both on TripAdvisor) and see how their kitchens and staff do it.

Of course, it still comes down to people and how they choose to do things. As buildings and location are just that, buildings in a location. This was a one night trip, not likely to be repeated, so North Little Rock does not have to worry about losing tons of business from me.

From what I could tell, there was only one luggage cart for the whole hotel. And it had a cute sign to please return to front desk when finished. Maybe they roll off....

Overall, if you are traveling and need to stop for the night, stay here if it is convenient for you.

Room Tip: Requested a room up and far from the elevator. And received one. Nice and quiet, even with the flo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bary P
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Little Rock
Hampton Inn North Little Rock McCain Mall
Hampton Inn North Little Rock Mc...
#1 of 28 in North Little Rock
Candlewood Suites North Little Rock
Candlewood Suites North Little R...
#4 of 28 in North Little Rock
Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
Wyndham Riverfront Little Rock
#2 of 28 in North Little Rock
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Little Rock - McCain Mall
La Quinta Inn & Suites North Lit...
#6 of 28 in North Little Rock
Hilton Garden Inn West Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little Rock
Wingate by Wyndham North Little ...
#10 of 28 in North Little Rock

Been to Hilton Garden Inn North Little Rock? Share your experiences!