“Mom's mini getaway”

Hilton Garden Inn North Little Rock
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference April 12-15th and it was liking being on a small vacation from life.

The room was clean and very comfortable so having it all to myself was great, the king sized bed I got to have all to myself took a minute or so to adjust so make sure you set your bed settings before you’re ready to go to sleep. The room décor, furnishings and sound were very pleasant; I slept through the Thursday night storms. The only loud noises came from the doors, they slam shut. The housing staff will abide by your do not disturb door tag so hang it on the door if you don’t want the room to be touched or you want to sleep in.

I didn’t rent car while in town but the front desk staff was very helpful and provided transportation to/from local stores and restaurants. There’s a Wal-Mart directly across the highway in case you’ve forgotten anything and don’t want to pay the higher prices at the hotel (i.e. $2.50 for travel size tooth paste) and there’s a Target a bit further up the road if Wal-Mart is not your cup of tea. The hotel is on a shopping strip so if you have free time and you’re looking for something to do you have your pick; I loved strolling through the aisles of Lowes (kid free) to get ideas for my yard back home (Home Depot is directly across the road, talk about competition) .

The hot tub was my mini getaway; a great ending to longs days of training and sitting in conference chairs. The pool area was very clean and they provide towels so no need to bring yours down from the room. Depending on the time you go down there may be kids in the pool so if you’re looking for some relaxation time go later they close at 10pm. The gym is 24hrs with music and TV’s for each machine. The conference center was nice and the food they provided was good, especially the Mexican style lunch.

Other in-room perks: Free WiFi, alarm clock with IPod hook up (not a charger just speakers), black-out shades, mini fridge, microwave and coffee machine.

Room Tip: Call ahead but there's no
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I had to go to North Little Rock for business and after all my hotel searching I realized this hotel would be the cleanest so I chose to stay here. Upon arrival, I found the front desk lady to be very nice and welcoming. The room was nice and clean along with the bed and linens. My stay started out pleasant but got real ugly real fast. The day that I was supposed to check out was supposed to be my "sleep in" day since I only had a combined 2 hours of sleep in 4 days I was looking forward to this. At 6:30am I hear a loud knock on my door and then someone opened it (first this scared the heck out of me, I thought I was in a middle of a nightmare) and I hear a lady scream, "HOUSEKEEPING!! Oh I'm sorry ma'am for waking you up" and then she leaves. At first I thought it was a nightmare then I thought I overslept and missed my flight home because housekeeping came in my room. Then I looked at the time and it was 6:30am and I was angry but I went back to bed. 2 hours later the same thing happened again!!! This time it was a different housekeeper that came into my room. What are these people thinking?? They shouldn't do their housekeeping stuff until after checkout, so I thought. I called the front desk to complain but was put on hold for over 10 minutes so I decided to complain when i checked out. So when I did, all the front desk person said was sorry and nothing else. So it's fair to say I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed December 20, 2010

This hotel was an unexpected pleasure! We purchased the "bed & breakfast" for only $10 more and received a wonderful made to order breakfast for two adults and two children. To the delight of our kids, there was a heated indoor pool, and fresh cookies at check-in. Very clean, and close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank talattan
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I cancelled my reservations at the Holiday Inn Express to stay due to the Hilton's higher rating on trip advisor. I was immediately disappointed when I sat on the bed. It felt as though I had sat on concrete. Needless to say, I have not slept for 2 nights. I got up this morning to leave my trip advior ratings and noticed that another person raved about the beds. As I read on, it came to my attention that the beds were actually sleep number beds. For those of you that do not know what a sleep number bed is - You can actually set the dials to firm or soft based on your preference.
Our beds were set to firm. To test out, I immediatley changed both beds to soft. Big difference. It would of been nice if someone had provided instructions to me at check in.

The decor is amazing, the food is good, and staff are very helpful. I'm so irritated with my lack of sleept that I'm finding it hard to be positive.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This was my second staty here and I must say that so far everything has been pretty consistent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are two things that stick out most about this property and that is the food and the bed. This hotel has some great food. I highly recommend the baked apple and the mint ice cream thingy. The breakfast is also outstanding. I spoke to one of the managers and he mentioned that the chef came over from the Capital hotel in Little Rock. The food was just amazing and is well worth a trip by itself.

While some of the business travel hotel types provide free breakfast, this one does not. There were several people that found out they had to pay for breakfast after they had already started eating. I will agree that the do need to provide better signage.

I also like the new Hilton bed. It's a sleep number bed on steriods but easier to adapt to. All you do is turn the dial and set it where you need it. I did find out that in a King bed you have to set both sides the same, otherwise if you're a wild sleeper like me, it'll be difficult to turn over. All in all I like this hotel and as long as they stay consistent it will be the only place I'll stay when in the Little Rock area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Enjoyed our stay. Hotel is next to new (or at least appears that way). We used the pool, breakfast and fitness room. Fitness room is fantastic (2 Precor elllipticals and 2 Precor treamills, free weights, medicine balls-very nice!) Nice pool and whirpool. Restaurant staff was very nice. Hotel offers guest laundry. Modern decor. I do agree with another reviewer that said the room might appear a little sparce, kind of like something is missing but you can't quite figure out what it is. Would highly recommend this property. Good night's stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Stopped in Little Rock on road trip. From looking at reviews this hotel seemed to be the nicest hotel that wasn't located downtown. We would rather stay out of downtown and closer to stores, food etc.

Hotel is brand new and very nice. We arrived about 9:30 on a Friday night and the one person at the counter was swamped but nice. The phone kept ringing and customer asking repeated questions but she handled it like a pro. There were other employees kinda milling around, but no one jumped in to help. From the looks of it they were new also and didn't know exactly what to do.

Anyway, room was nice, if not a little bare. All of the furniture and fixtures were nice, but you got the feeling they just threw some nice stuff together in a room and let it go. Can't descibe it, but you know when a rooms been thought out, and when it hasn't.

My wife and I noticed how the room seemed to be falling apart at the seems. Everything again was brand new, but there were cracks in the corners, seems not fitting, cracks in the caulking in the shower, black splash was about to fall off, etc. This sounds like I'm picking but I'm not. It was just very strange to see how poorly the place was built. Whomever the contractor was should be sued. It looked like some of my handywork, and that isn't a good thing. My wife and I commented on how long before the handiwork started coming apart.

Again, the location was great, the parking was great, the lobby great, the room really good. I would stay again.

I forgot, loved the beds!!! Great night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family