“Absolutely more than what you pay for!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in North Little Rock
Slidell
“Absolutely more than what you pay for!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed there (we: myself, adult daughter, and two grandkids), 11/21/2012 till 11/25/2012. Let me start with the not so good. Have stayed many places and breakfast here was sub-par. That said, there was absolutely nothing else to fret, worry or complain about! The friendliest staff I have dealt with I think ever. The hotel was SPOTLESS! Clean rooms, clean linens, clean common areas! Just absolutely clean! This is always an issue for me as I cannot understand no matter how inexpensive a place that you wouldn't want it clean, so others will spread that word. They take it to heart there. Now for the breakfast thing, well white bread, no butter. Coffee no cream, 3 kinds of sweetened cereal, and sweet rolls. Juice and milk, period. However, there is a Waffle House across the street, a BK at the end of the road, and a micro and fridge int he rooms. So there are many alternatives. This place is worth staying at and when we visit my family again, we will be staying there. Thanks to all the staff who made this a VERY pleasant stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Convenient location with easy access to highway. Room was comfortable quiet and spotless. Desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. Sanjay provided advice and assistance on directions around Little Rock. Good breakfast, better than other breakfasts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CEMENT CITY
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was almost new. Here's the problem: a compressor was operating outside the window of 106. I asked the young man on the desk to come down and listen to it. He said, "no one else has ever complained about it, so I don't understand what the problem is." I explained that if he would come listen, he might agree that I should be moved to another room. He had no rooms to move me to that were like the one I was in. I asked to check-out with a refund of my money. He said, "no, you've been in the room already." I asked to speak to the mgr. He said, "there's no one to talk to but me." I called the Corporate customer service number, no luck. After an hour of trying to find someone other than the desk clerk...no luck. I put my ear plugs in and went to sleep. HERE'S THE PART TO PAY ATTENTION TO FELLOW TRAVELERS: Gary at the Corp office of Choice Hotels, told me today "we, too, are at the mercy of the local franchiser. If they don't want to help, answer the phone, help a customer, all we can do is give you a comment number and the hotel has 72 hours to respond. If you don't with the resolution, if any, we start the process all over again. So, remember all hotels in the Choice chain: Clarion, Ascend, Clarion, Main Stay, Comfort, Quality, Cambria, Suburban, EconoLodge, Rodeway and Sleep have no customer service support after 6 pm eastern. I usually check in after 6 pm when I travel so I will not stay at any hotel chain where the buck never stops. A little dictator, like the desk clerk at the Little Rock EconoLodge can do whatever he/she pleases and there is NOTHING the customer can do except leave and protest the credit charge with your card company. Nice room, average breakfast, desk clerk the worst I've ever encountered. When he hung up on me after sharing that he didn't like my attitude...well that's when I started dialing for Corporate. No luck at all. Stay at this chain, after 6 on the weekends at your peril!!

Room Tip: The staff at this facility need training badly. I know that lots of people complain about east Indi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank will_gee
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Pet-friendly for an extra $11.30 per pet. Super-clean, very roomy room. No highway noise but it is right off of I40, which is really convenient. Continental breakfast was toast, danishes, OJ, and three cereal selections. Has a hot tub but I didnt check it out, I overheard another guest saying it was nice.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Checked rate for a king room...very reasonable compared to similar hotels in the area. Asked about Jacuzzi room...only $30 more...I took option of Jacuzzi room..was given a $10 discount. When we got to the room it was OK...but with the rate, it was what I expected. Started water in the hot tub...no hot water(?). Called the front desk...told it should be working fine...went to front desk, down the hallway that had obviously been flooded (huge stains in the carpet length of hall). The lady at front desk checked a few things with the hot water bottle and after 30 more minutes or so called maintenance. The maintenance man came to the room and said hot tubs do not get hot, (?) He then asked that I go to the other Jacuzzi room to see it does not get hot either. I asked if showers get hot, so he checks other water--no hot water. He leaves to check some things and a few minutes later comes back to say they are changing the hot water bottle over to another and it should be just a few minutes. Within a couple of minutes of him sharing this the front desk calls to say because myself and my friend came to the front desk to find out what was going on...the owner said he did not want us to stress...refund my money so I could go somewhere else--WOW...now that is outstanding customer service and real concern for building any loyalty or customer base. The owner was not available to speak with me. Please do not give this owner your business...much better options in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Gretna, Virginia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I would not advise anyone to stay here. The staff is rude, breakfast was toast and cereal. Rooms were small and icky feeling. There was NO ice in the machine. Upon check in, the clerk argued with me and did not want to honor the rates I booked at. I am so disappointed! First time in Arkansas and it will be my last! Very bad impression.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chele25
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Price of hotel was very reasonable. Location was very convenient right off of I-40 and only 5 minutes away from the mall and other major establishments. Our initial response of area was of concern because it's on a dead end street with about 4 other hotels and also surrounded by gas stations, truck stop that look a little run down. We stayed for 2 nights total and no issues in regards to security or anything of that nature. Even though the hotel is located right off of the interstate we had not issues falling asleep or loud noises. The staff did accomodate us by providng a portable crib in advance so that it was ready when we arrived. Room service was a door to door process every morning. Room had all the basic necessities, clean, a little on the small side but did well for family.Wireless internet had no issues as far as connectivity or speed. Pool and fitness center were unserviceable at the time. Was looking forward to using both but guess we came at a bad time. Breakfast was nothing fancy but made do. Staff was courteous.
Overall if your looking for somewhere inexpensive, 1-2 nights, courteous staff and don't mind a substitute for grade A service this is your place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family