“Our dogs are our kids!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfork
PJ's Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Norfork B&B and Inns
Little Rock AR
“Our dogs are our kids!”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Great food, quiet place to stay, fall colors fabulous! Hospitality was priceless.
One of the few that allowed us to stay with our two Italian Greyhounds and treated them just as good as they treated us! Restraunt by far better than Sonny Williams in LR or the Picasso in Vegas, the filet is a must have!
Teri and Gary Miessner

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Joliet, IL
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I say "nowhere" because we are from the Chicago area and I had never been to Arkansas before and really didn't appreciate how rural the area was. We were there 9/8 -9/11 to visit friends who had emailed several options for accommodations. Based on PJ's website, we thought it looked cute. Rooms are not gigantic, but very cute, comfortable and clean. There is no TV or cell phone service, so you should be forewarned. There is a land phone in the lodge if necessary. Breakfast is included which is an amazing treat. Each morning (after finding a hot pot of coffee & cups waiting by our door); we were seated in the dining room and served something different that I can only describe as looking like it came from the cover of Gourmet Magazine (and it tasted that good, too). Our friends met us there one night for dinner which again was wonderful. The smoked trout appetizer - yum - was actually big enough for 4 to share. If you like pork chops, theirs are the best ever. The trout and chicken were also wonderful. We ordered (& shared) a piece of the coconut cake. Don't leave without tasting this. As mentioned in a different post, it is extraordinary. We didn't go to fish, but we can definitely see ourselves coming back. The lodge is right on the White River. Directions were good from the website. I was able to find without help. And last, the hospitality was terrific. Can't say one bad thing about our experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Planned a last minute trip to fly fish the White River in Arkansas. Stayed with Les & Julie at PJ's and couldn't have asked for a nicer experience! The accomodations were well-maintained, clean and comfortable. Our room had a view of the river and we were welcomed one morning with a trio of friendly golden retrievers sunning themselves on the lawn outside. Wonderful menu, wonderful food and lovely dining room. Dining room is a favorite with the locals so reservations are suggested for supper.
Les, our host, set us up with a guide for 2 days of fly fishing and we had a wonderful experience with Nick K. who took us along the White and Norfork Rivers. With Nick's experience and amiable nature we had a delightful 2 day introduction to these great trout rivers!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Mountain Home, AR
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I travel a lot for work and always look for fine dining and I must tell you that PJ's was one of the most wonderful meals I have ever eaten. My husband I and live in Mountain Home and kept hearing these great things about PJ's. It took us about 45 mins to find it (we got lost) and we both said this had better be worth it....and it was. We started with the spinach dip and it was very good...then I had a soup that was fabulous, my Filet was plated beautifully and the flavor was incredible. Then we ordered the Turtle Cheesecake and we were both blown away. They have a good wine selection and the service was top of the line. We will be going back very soon!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Crytsal Lake, IL
Reviewed November 29, 2008

My cousin, who lives in this rural Arkansas area, is always seeking upscale restaurants for us city folk foodies. She took us here over a Thanksgiving visit weekend and it was her first visit as well. She said that she had heard that the socialites of Mountain Home like to congregate at this restaurant...but she still said that we could wear jeans.

The sunset drive there was beautiful, and this fly fishing lodge on the Norfork River is charmingly tucked into a serene 'holler. As you walk in from the parking lot you pass by some of the B&B rooms, but I know nothing of the accomodations or service. I am simply reviewing the restaurant itself.

You first enter the bar. It is very inviting with couches and warm lighting, and yet there were big screen TV"s and a REAL dartboard (not sure how they can do that from a liability standpoint...but it was nice to hear the authentic "thump" of real darts instead of those noisy, plastic bar darts). In fact, the whole place had a feeling of an upscale, homey sports bar (because the TV was playing college football) and yet was not offending to the 80 year old ladies in our group.

We then went into the lovely restaurant. Our group was too big to sit by the windows, but it was getting dark anyway, so no great loss. The soaring ceilings, warm lighting, and nicely-set table was cozy and set the stage for what was to be a very nice meal.

They had a well thought out wine list and one person in our party ordered the house cabernet, which the host explained comes from Ironstone Vineyard. To me, Ironstone wine as a house wine is the sign of a restaurant owner who does NOT want to cut corners. Come to find out that the owner used to live in that area of Northern California, which explained a lot of his attention to food and wine details.

The salad bar was lovely, and not populated by that ubiquitious tuna shell salads and marshmallow-jello concoctions. Instead it was an elegant array of field greens, artichoke heats, baby corn, blue cheese, mandarin oranges, candied pecans, etc. It allowed us each to assemble a fine restaurant quality salad of our liking.

We ordered one bowl of their famous whiskey shrimp soup and passed it around the table for everyone to try. It was delicious. Be sure to try it.

Our meals all came plated very nicely with kale and pretty veggies and a side dish of potato croquet. All I could think of was "Here? in backwoods Arkansas?". Indeed!...and they were delicious. Also the steaks were delicious and served with special sauces, and my Aunts pork loin (the special that day) was a feast for the eyes and the stomach.

Finally it was time for dessert. We ordered 2 for the table of 6 people (as we were so full by then). I did not try the molten lava cake, but we DID get the coconut cake, and it was fabulous. I simply cannot believe how good it was, and the menu went out of the way to explain that the cake needs to be made days ahead of time in order for the flavors to marry. Well, I am not a cake person, but that stuff was wonderful. Moist, flavorful, and with a memorable, non-gritty icing. The icing on the cake was the icing on the cake to the entire meal! Such attention to detail...and in backwoods Arkansas!

1 Thank Krista R
riverside, ca
Reviewed April 18, 2008

I've stayed at PJ's about six times over the past 15 years but how wonderful the new renovations have turned this quaint fisherman's retreat into a real diamond. Everything from the accomodations to the food have left me wanting to go back and stay again. The sooner the better!

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank bryanj0077

Been to PJ's Bed and Breakfast Lodge? Share your experiences!