“Great Food and Great Presentation”

PJ's River Run Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Norfork
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Very nice new American cuisine restaurant, creative cuisine attractively priced.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I recently spent two days at PJ's and dined there both nights. Everything was outstanding and you need to bring a camera because the presentation of the food is so special that you will want to take a photo. I had the filet steak the first night and it was prepared perfectly and my wife had the special tilapia with shrimp. The second night we both opted for the pesto prawn's. We are going back, even though it is a 90 minute drive from our house. We were there on a Wednesday and Thursday night and it was busy, but understand you can not get a seat on Friday and Saturday without a reservation. We would rate this as one of our top restaurants.

Have to mention that we did a half day guided fishing trip with Steve from Bill Terry's guide service. Caught over 80 rainbow trout but we released all of them so they would be there for you when you go fishing.

1  Thank HawgFan64

Reviewed June 28, 2014

PJ's White River Lodge is one of our usual places we always try to eat when in the Mountain Home, AR area. It is located on the banks of the White River in a beautiful setting. You can enjoy a view of the river as you dine. We have dined there for the last four years and had great food and service every time. I read the negative reviews of this location and had a difficult time believing them since we have eaten there more times than there are actually review on this site. We have never seen that type of behavior in all our many visits or had a bad experience ourselves. As for the price if you have a fast food budget you may not need to to go, it's not cheap but really good food usually doesn't come for free. I have lived and dined in many cities including New Orleans and I put the food and service up with any place we have eaten. You can enjoy the dining experience I have had in much more expensive restaurants while dressed casually for the surroundings. We have never stayed at the lodge but have seen the rooms and they look great. It would make for an excellent romantic getaway! If you go though make sure that the restaurant is open since I think it is Thur through Sat for dining. The owners Les & Julie are always friendly and helpful. They have a very good wine selection and the menu offers a wide variety of dishes. Last night my daughter had the ribeye, my wife had a tilapia with shrimp that was super,my son-in-law had the Chilean sea bass and I had the pecan crusted salmon. I tried a Cesar salad last night also & it was the best one I have ever had. If they have the lobster bisque be sure and try it or the whiskey shrimp soup. The menu last night was a little different than our last trip so be sure that if you find one online it is up to date. I don't believe they have the menu on their website. Definitely worth the time and money.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We went for dinner here as it seemed to be the only place in the area recommended for fine dining. We were not disappointed other than since we went late, they were out of several menu items we would have preferred. My companions ordered the stuffed salmon, while I went with the pork chop. All were well prepared and large in portion. The vegetables and salads were fresh and tasty as well. They are a bit pricey and the wine prices were definitely resort oriented, being over twice what one would pay at a store. Still, the ambience was great: nice cedar lodge decor with white linen table cloths and a wonderful view of the river below; and the service was good--attentive but not intrusive. We would definitely go back again if in the area.

1  Thank Gail B
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This well run restaurant is absolutely the best in the whole area and one of the best that I have eaten in anywhere. The setting is wonderful with a view of the river out of the large windows. They have a variety of innovative weekly specials from the chef and on the few times that I have tried them they are very good. I have not done that often I admit because their ribeye steak with whiskey sauce or the prime rib are so good. Their soups and salads are excellent and desserts are very good on the rare occasion that there enough room left to eat dessert. The house made sangria is excellent and they have a good selection of wines and beer.
I am unsure what kind of experience the one bad review gave, but I have spoken with scores of people who have eaten here and have yet to hear a bad review. It is worth the drive to get here because it is a true dining experience.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stuffed salmon was a joke. Crab meat with mayonnaise on top. Scallops were good. The service was worse than poor

3  Thank Larrybarth
Les_Stevens63, Owner at PJ's River Run Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

I would like to personally apologize for what you experienced during your recent dining experience with us. As you can see from all our previous reviews, your dining experience was an exception from our norm. Mr. Barth, we continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we don’t always live up to everyone’s expectations. However, we have already met with our service staff to ensure that they are asking our guests early on if they are satisfied with their dinners. If our guests are not happy, we have a long-standing policy, of over 6 years, to replace that meal with one more to our guest’s liking at their request. By the way, we don’t use any mayonnaise in the our crab stuffed salmon entree. Mr. Barth, I would invite you to contact me personally at 870-499-7500 (or les@pjslodge.com) to discuss this with you further and hopefully reach an accord. Best regards, Les Stevens, Owner