“couldn't ask for nicer folks”
Review of Norfork Trout Dock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfork
Norfork Trout Dock
Hartford, Arkansas
“couldn't ask for nicer folks”
Reviewed October 5, 2008

My parents were there a month ago stayed in the house and loved every minute. Decided to take my husband and i back only thing available was slideout camper. (It didn't get used much). Dad is large man and couldn't shut bathroom door while in there and we told them and was offered house, no extra charge. But dad couldn't do the stairs. Fishing was great, customer service was wonderful, couldn't ask for better. Our dogs were welcome. I will say we will be back if house is available. Very clean.

• Liked — fishing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Batesville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 2, 2008

This was our second visit to the Norfork Trout Dock and Resort. I think that if you are a bunch of guys who want to fish and drink beer, this is the place for you. The fishing is great! Went with my husband, father-in-law, and 9 year old daughter. Even with a recent flood, they caught fish hand over fist. So if fishing is the only thing and you don't care too much about the accomodations this place would be great. I found it somewhat lacking since I wasn't out fishing all of the time and it was my job to make sure the boys were fed. Our unit had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen and living area with two more bedrooms upstairs that you pay extra for if you use. I found the kitchen sorely lacking, there wasn't even a bowl. The coffee pot was old, broken and did not work correctly. All of the pans were worn out nonstick with flakes peeling off in all of the food that I prepared. The living room had only a broken recliner and a futon/couch that was so uncomfortable that you could barely sit on it. The bedrooms had no lighting other than the overhead light. The only lamp in the place was a funky lamp in one bedroom that was placd so that it was of no use to anyone. With just a bit more care, it might have been a really nice place, and again - if all you want to do is fish and drink beer, none of this matters. I would suggest that they get a cheap bedside table or two, a couple of lamps, update someof the furniture and kitchen items. If this were done - I would go back in a heartbeat. As it stands, I will probably stay away.

• Liked — All of the fishing
  • Disliked — In dire need of updating
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank SusanCBM

Been to Norfork Trout Dock? Share your experiences!