“An Oasis In The Quiet Countryside. . .. . .”
Review of Wiveton Bell

Wiveton Bell
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Wiveton
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Wiveton Bell is situated in the quite hamlet of Wiveton just a mile from the Coastal resorts of Blakeney and Cley. Opposite the Church and overlooking the village green the Bell has a sunny south facing garden with comfortable wicker seating perfect on a summers day. With an AA Rosette and awarded a Michelin Inspectors Favourite in 2016, the Bell is a well known foodie destination but at the same time as popular with locals popping in for a pint. The warmst warmest of welcomes awaits you along with everything you would expect from a traditional english Pub. Four local ales, dogs welcome in the bar, childrens menu, roaring fire in winter, candle lit by night..... the Bell has lots to offer ..so much so you might just want to stay the night. See web site for further details of the Pub and our six new stylish rooms.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having spent the morning enjoying the November sunshine on the North Norfolk coast, we called at the Wiveton Bell for a sandwich lunch.Have not been to this pub for many, many years and the transformation was breathtaking. Spacious eating areas with a degree of elegance greeted us and although a Friday lunchtime, it was pretty full. The menu was described as 'light lunch' and by light, I think they meant nothing added! I would have liked the offer of a bread roll or rustic bread with my Caesar's salad as would one of the party who had a small fishcake and a couple of leaves served in a gigantic white bowl! I think you would call it a Boutique type of dining with prices to match. Having said that, the service was faultless, the food very edible and beautifully presented and all accompanied by the hum of discreet conversation. There was an outdoor area for summer dining with plenty of seating of the high backed woven chairs sort and dogs were clearly welcomed too. Go and enjoy, but don't use if you want a bite and beer at usual pub prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

It has been some years(10?) since my wife and I have had a meal here, and I can see that it has been renovated, as well as had a change of ownership. The restaurant is light and cheery and quite busy for out of season. We got a table quite easily as we were just two people( we hadn't booked). The food was tasty, but for a pub maybe a bit pricey. Of course North Norfolk has become increasingly fashionable, with stars of stage and screen escaping the pressures of London, which has some effect on the local economy! We had a beefy walk around the pleasant countryside(another plus) as we were lucky with the weather, afterwards. A good experience.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a very popular pub, and if your party is more than two it's essential to book. The menu is more interesting than many pubs. All the food we had was well cooked and presented, and the staff were charming and efficient.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently stayed in the White Room, a pleasant nicely decorated room. I imagine in peak season you will get noise from the bar as the White Room is located directly above it.

The bathroom is well fiited out, however the shower only ran Luke warm, also the door to the bathroom offers no privacy, it is a saloon type door with large circular holes in it. This does detract from the quality of the room considerably. However, my main comment would be the room really did need a deep clean. Under the bed was dirty and dusty as were the wooden slats visible at the side of the mattress, cobwebs in corners etc.

All above taken into account I probably would stay again but in a different room. The location is wonderful to enjoy this coastal area of Norfolk.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I do not live in Norfolk an hesitate to write this review lease I cannot get a booking when I am up there. This place is great. Good food good beer. I have been going there sing 1976 when I was A local school boy! It is good for families. It is worth the trip.