“A place to start your visit to Sri Lanka”
Review of Breeze of Paradise

Breeze of Paradise
Ranked #1 of 7 Nugegoda B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just back from Sri Lanka . Traveled with Ashok( see below) . So happy to be met at the airport by Suresh and his son, late in the evening. Such a relief not having to deal with the uncertainty of finding our own way to their home . Beautiful neat home , our room was spacious , neat and with clean well ventilated bathroom. The 2 nights we stayed there was a treat , home cooked breakfast, great conversation with Suresh and Kala . We got a map and a SIM card , and we worked a plan for our exploration of Sri Lanka with our hosts. We felt like we have known them for a long time , by the time we were ready to move on . Pahan(son) helped us get to the bus station and we 3 took the same bus to Kandy .We had a great stay. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ajith D
There are newer reviews for Breeze of Paradise

Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you are looking for best place to start your trip or just spend some days in Colombo - you already found it.
I do not know what may be more important about long trip than a good start. If you need positive feelings that will go with you during your Sri Lanka trip - definitely you will get it here. This place has a very comfortable atmosphere. You can't touch or see it but you can feel it in everything around.

Suresh and Kala, hosts are very hospitable and thoughtful. They always doing their best for guests. They can share with you information about history and culture of Sri Lanka and some other countries because they are also passionate travelers, they can help you planning and organize your trip. We were in touch with hosts by phone and email all time before and during our trip, it was very valuable for us because we are not so experienced travelers. Meal were one of the best we ever had in Sri Lanka. Excellent breakfast and awesome dinner! Thank you, Kala! ;)

Room
Our room was very cute and clean with AC and fan.

Location
Maybe location looks is not so good from point of view nearness to city center but it's very easy to get there by bus or tuk-tuk.
House is located in the distance from noisy streets so you will have excellent opportunity to relax and rest after intense day.

Valuable
Definitely it worth every cent we have spent.

Suresh, Kala and Pahan thank you so much! You guys made great contribution to make our trip really unforgettable!

Hope to come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roman V
BreezeP, Owner at Breeze of Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you very much Roman for your very descriptive review on us. We believe that it would help other travelers a lot to understand about Breeze of Paradise. It was indeed a privilege for us to have you and your wife with us. Thank you very much for choosing us for your stay in Colombo and hope you would visit us again!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Breeze of Paradise was recommended by my cousin who had stayed there in July 13.

Our room was very clean and breakfast was very filling and tasty.

Breakfast conversations with them provided an insight into the people of Colombo and current events. It's not what we would have got staying at a hotel. This is our first time staying at a BnB in Sri Lanka.

Suresh and Kala are very hospitable and helpful with travel recommendations in Colombo and to other destinations in Sri Lanka.

One day Kala even dropped us in town on her way to work in the morning. That was very nice of her.

Our stay with them had exceeded our expectations. Thank you guys. :-)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ashok58sg
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Breeze of Paradise is the first hotel i have booked in Sri Lanka, choosing it was based on its good online comments and inexpensive rate, even though its location's not easy to find. When i finally arrived there with my friend's driving, Suresh was standing in front of the house to wait for me, while it's quite late--almost 11pm. I didnt expect that, due to the long flying hours, i didnt pay much attention to the house and its owner for the first night. The only impression was it's not a small house.
Next morning after getting up, firstly met Kala-Suresh's lovely wife, then Pahan--his son, and followed with a big surprise-terrific breakfast, it's not just toast & fruits as most cheap hotels provide, instead, it more seemed like a formal lunch or dinner, it's my first time to have the local Sri Lankan breakfast, and surey it turned out that Kala's an excellent chef,
In the following day, again i got chance to try an fantastic dinner with another Russian couple guests, and it's free!

Totally stayed there for two nights, for my last day in Sri Lanka, since i needed to find a place to leave my luggage temporarily, resorted to Suresh then, while he invited me to come back, when i arrived there, i was even allowed to use the room that i used to stay overnight, and again, unexpected. That afternoon we went out for lunch together in Fort, and luckily i could even enter into Kala's office, very memorable.
Another important point is those various kinds of small stuff in the house, many of them were brought from the owners' travels, have to admit that they do have a good taste in decoration. Clean room and nice food, what else i could complain? totally worthy of the rate. For its location, i dont think it shall be a problem , convenient to go out by bus or tuk-tuk from there.

It's a right decision for me to stay in Breeze of Paradise. For those who are looking for home feeling and wanna learn more about real local life when travelling in Sri Lanka, I definitely recommend Breeze of Paradise.
Suresh, Kala and Pahan, thanks a lot for your hospitality and generous help.
Look forward to seeing you soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wenzhuo333
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We normally always stay in hotels and we thought we would give home stay a try. What a good decision where Breeze of Paradise is concerned. Suresh and his delightful wife Kala were amazing in giving us directions and assisting us in every possible way. I could not recommend this place highly enough. The room was excellent with AC and the food was great.

Room Tip: Make sure you eat the Sri Lankan breakfast. They do not prepare it "hot" unless you ask fo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Devdas22
BreezeP, Owner at Breeze of Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you Falu and Micheal! It was such a lovely time we had hosting both of you! Loud laughs, Serious and Funny conversations at dinner table etc. etc. , all made up the great time we had with you. Hope to see you again in Colombo! Our best wishes for both of you!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Fernando and Kala, The two owners, made my vacation there a dream come true, just like being home. First, they picked me up at the airport at midnight, then, they cooked for me every day, Also, gave me a cell to have with me while in Sri Lanka in case of emergency to call them. I needed to work out and Kala took me to her gym. Her trainer was training me for free, just amazing... Also, they also had taxi accommodation when they could not take me somewhere.. showed me how to take train, what to look out for and even called a place they knew in Kandi so when i arrived i would have a room ready. .When i got back from kandi, they took me out to the nicest restaurant in DT Colombo. Also got to meet the whole family as they came over for the most amazing Sri Lankan dinner. then, got some issues with my credit card and could not book air fare to India and my cash was at their place an hour away. i called Fernando and he took care of me immediately. I will never forget this experience, they were not just a great hosts, but friends for life. Love ya guys. you touched my heart... :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank luna1968

Thank you Norman for your candid review :) Yes, we had a great time when you were with us and we too are really thankful to you for being with us during your stay in Colombo. We hope to see you soon again at Breeze of Paradise!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first experience in a home stay as I was planning on living off a shoe-string for this Sri Lanka trip. The hotels proved too costly and my past experience with hostels too little privacy.
A little out of the way from Colombo center but was completely made up by the inviting room and family running the establishment. They were very inviting, professional and made sure to answer all my questions on sights, timings of trains, whats good to see and whats not - surely more personalized service than what one would expect of a hotel!
Connectivity to the city center and attractions of Colombo was 1/2-3/4 hour away with the local bus transport and also it is close to the bus stand for the AC bus to Kandy and back.
Finally, another aspect not available in any hotel is the first hand experience of living the local life and eating the local cuisine. The family made sure I was comfortable. I would surely stay here with family on my next trip and will recommend to others too!

Room Tip: > Make sure you follow the signs on the lamp posts leading to the home-stay > Bus 318 takes y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank travellersimple

Sorry for our late management response, but it doesn't give any hint that we have forgotten to thank one of the most interesting and valuable guests of ours. Thank you Keith for your detailed review on us and I hope it helps many other traveler who would be interested in us. Also than you for your advice as a senior traveler as to how we could keep improving our services. We hope to see you again in SL, of course at Breeze of Paradise, with your family. Wish you all the best to you and your family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nugegoda
Colombo Courtyard
#5 of 10 in Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
Amali Residence
Amali Residence
#3 of 7 in Nugegoda

Been to Breeze of Paradise? Share your experiences!