“5 star homely farm stay, we all loved it and...”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Ovens River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
markricha...
Singapore
“5 star homely farm stay, we all loved it and can't wait to go back”
Reviewed October 1, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

GG's owner's Jennie and Steve were great hosts throughout, the accommodation was really 5 star, all the kitchen equipment was amazing with a welcome food pack including freshly bake muffins. Lovely bedroom and bathroom, its all brand new and every detail has been thought about, even the electric blanket for the bed. My daughter loved the horses and enjoyed visiting the chickens, Lama, goat and sheep. Just the right size to wander around and explore with a lovely area along the river for a picnic or chill with a glass of wine. Bikes available with a 100km bike track across the road and plenty to go and visit in the area

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quality of the accommadtion
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Oct 23, 2014
Thanks David for your review. It is really lovely to read such nice things. I did not realise your review was up until just now or I would have responded sooner. Somehow I have missed a couple of my reviews.

It is guests such as yourselves that make our living here so enjoyable. Thanks Jasmin for being so lovely and Takara you, are certainly a very grown up little lady. I loved your keen interest in our animals.

Hope to see you all here again when you all get together in our valley.
Liz357
Port Stephens, Australia
“Glorious, Gorgeous, Gleaming, Generous & Genuine G.G's Getaway”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Our family consisted of 15 year old son & 11 year old daughter and my husband and myself we enjoyed a wonderful 3 night stay at G.G's in April. The accommodation was exceptional and probably the best place we have stayed in. So idyllic , luxurious & peaceful. Our hosts Jennie & Steve were just fabulous. Our family enjoyed the close proximity to the rail trail and the scenery at this time of year was spectacular to say the least. Such a beautiful part of Australia. The accommodation was exceptional and with ultimate laundry and kitchen facilities these came in very handy with a family. But at the end of the day a comfy lounge and fireplace and the best beds ever were perfect after cycling during the day. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you G.G's for some lovely memories. The whole farm stay experience with many opportunities to feed and play with animals would satisfy any animal lover. Thank you .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful luxury accomodation & grounds.
Liked least: Everything was PERFECT
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 23, 2014
Wow, What lovely words. I am sorry I have not responded sooner Liz, but I have just noticed three reviews that somehow I did not see earlier.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such complimentary words. It was certainly no trouble having your family here. You were all a pleasure and I really do hope we see you returning to stay with us again.
Keep practicing your golf Harry. You might be famous one day.
Hylton M
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic, relaxing week in beautiful surrounds and luxury accommodation.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent a fantastic six nights at GG's by the River. Jennie and Steve were great hosts and couldn't have been more helpful with plenty of thoughtful touches and suggestions throughout the week. The accommodation was spotless and luxurious - perfect for a family of four. We spent time on the farm but also explored the area with plenty to do.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Apr 27, 2015
Hello, i have just noticed that I did not respond and thank you for your lovely review. Thank you so very much for your lovely words. It is fabulous to know that people go to the trouble of commenting when they have enjoyed their stay. Love to see you again. ---- Jennie and Steve.
Canberra
Reviewed July 22, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Jul 22, 2013
Thanks Danny,
I so appreciate your lovely words. Your family were a pleasure to have on the property, and it would be lovely to see you all again. I hope you enjoyed your shopping along the way home. The sun was shining brightly here today and I reckon I am going to be able to make it for a ride on my horse tomorrow. As I type this I can hear Passionfruit barking at a possum on the roof. Take care lovely people.
Sydney
Reviewed May 5, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Apr 27, 2015
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I have a just found a couple that i have not responded to, including yours. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The rail trail is fabulous isn't it. Goes on forever. Hope to see you again. You know where we are.
Melbourne
Reviewed May 5, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Jul 1, 2015
Hello, I have just discovered that I have not responded to your review and one other review, so sorry. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to put up a review for us, as word of mouth is the greatest form of advertising. Thank you again for your lovely words.
Jennie
Melbourne
Reviewed April 6, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Jul 1, 2015
Hello, so ridiculous that I have just noticed your review. So sorry I am late in responding. I so appreciated your time in putting up a review on your stay with us at GG's. We are so lucky with our guests. Everyone has been so nice and respectful of our property. it is a pleasure to have such nice people stay.
Hope to see you again,
Jennie.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing