Fortune Inn & Suites
$70
All reviewscerealmotelarkansasfriginterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After a long day of traveling, we decided to stay overnight in Newport. My google search did not produce many options in this area, but this property was rated pretty good by other trip adviser raters. I should have gone further down the list before we checked in. Oh well, it was only for one night. Rest assured, we won't be stopping here on our way home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

And get a suite. The rooms are not great but the suites are pretty good. Rates are reasonable. There's a pretty good continental breakfast, a weight room & a bar. The proprietors are very friendly and will go out of their way to ensure your stay is comfy.

The only other place in town is the Days Inn...do NOT stay there.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank LizaTip
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a king room and had a good experience. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast had waffles, biscuits and gravy and the general staples of various pastries and cereal. I definitely would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Jessifer258
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was in Newport to see B. J. Thomas at ASUN on 2/23 and based on Tripadvisor reviews decided to stay at the Fortune Inn & Suites and I am glad that I did. I cannot think of anything about the stay that I didn't like. The motel is a throwback to an earlier era when you parked at your door which I actually like. For a very reasonable price I received a spacious room with all of the amenities that I have received from higher priced chain motels. Everything was clean and working properly. The bed and pillows were comfortable and linens clean. Bathroom was spotless. I was impressed with the breakfast which included make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, english muffins, fruit, juices, milk, and coffee.

If I have occasion to return to Newport, I will definitely stay at the Fortune Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank twocars
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I usually drive through Newport Arkansas on the way to Missouri or to NE Arkansas.

A few weeks ago however, I got snowed in (that does not happen very often in Arkansas). Luckily I found a room at the Fortune Inn.

The room was clean, and comfortable.

I have seen some reviews that discuss older rooms and stuff, and I can see how that would happen since this hotel has been built on to and the older section hotel seems very dated and not as nice as the room I had in the newer section.

I will have to agree with the comments about the breakfast not being that great- it was not.

And I will also agree with another reviewer that there are not a lot of choices in Newport and this one seems like the best option for a hotel.

Check out the photos in the lobby. They are interesting.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business