“Service and staff sucks”

Fortune Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms was nasty. Staff was nasty. Couldn't get any help. Breakfast was cold and yucky. The had guest partying all night next door too me so I couldn't sleep. Screaming yelling hitting the wall. No food places beside it. You have to drive to eat. We just didn't enjoy our stay there for the outrageous price we paid. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ladybird1982

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We (I, wife, and two children) just stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday. NEVER again! Newport is my home town and this place has been here since Moses, and it reflects it.
We got in to town much earlier than we thought, good road traffic, so we stop to see if we would be able to check in early, mind you this was at 4 am, so I made sure to ask the clerk if we check in will it count as another night, the answer was no, it was just an early check in. So the room was nasty, old carpet, the TV did not work, the bathroom door had holds, probably bullet holds, the water and shower was another story. We made due. We then returned later that day to see about getting another room, the lady at the counter say we were supposed to be in a remodeled room, which we moved to. It was better, but not much. We only slept there due to spending most of our time with Family. I went to check out, and was billed for the extra night at a higher rate. I explained what had been said and the lady and the old guy, I assume the owner, said 4 am is considered the night, after some more discussion, I just thought that they needed the money more than we did.
So be very careful, they will take you, and they do not care, because they are the only decent place in town.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is by far the best choice in Newport. It is an older property, but well kept and clean. The property also has a private club on the grounds and they operate for the tourist. The club has several great photos related to the Rock n' Roll Highway and the musicians that made it famous in the 50's. Newport is only 30 miles or so from Walnut Ridge, where you want to visit the Guitar Walk at Cavenaugh Park and the tribute to The Beatles only stop in Arkansas, at Beatles Park. Both of those attractions are free and really cool!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charles S
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hi My name is Mrs. M. Fish I travel a lot and I was really impressed with everyone that worked there. They were so friendly and polite and helpful. They did not mind taking the time to tell me where things were in the area. I travel alone a lot and I felt very safe there.

The room was one that had not been remolded yet. "they are updating all rooms" I was very satisified with the room. It was very spacious, Clean and appealing to the eye. Bed was very comfortable. I found the motel to be in a quiet area yet very centrally located. A Wal Mart just up the street and plenty of places close by to eat at.

I would recommend this Motel to anyone traveling in that area. I will be returning in the Spring of 2013.
To the employees there: Thanks for making my trip so pleasant.

Room Tip: My room was on the side by the pool. Was fine for me.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mary F
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My dad grew up in Tupelo and travels annually to attend Tupelo Days, we always stay at the Fortune. My father went to school with the owners! The room is clean, quiet and reasonably priced. Clean linens, rooms, we always enjoy our stay since many of our family travel for this reunion. This year I know of 5 rooms that our family reserved - the Dudley's and the Williams' . The continental breakfast is nice as well!
One dissappointment - it was so hot would have been nice to have had access to the pool. It had not been inspected yet:( Would have loved being able to sit out by the pool and let the kids swim.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, great price!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Denise W
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Thishotel offers excellent value for money. The lady receptionist was cheerful and very helpful. The rooms are good sized, clean and the beds comfortable. I will be staying here again and recommend it to others

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank onlymeinArkansas
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Our room was very clean and nice. Bed was comfortable. Free breakfast had a nice variety of items, hot and very good. Pool was out of season, but still full of water and clean. Stayed during weekend, peaceful and quiet. Wonderful experience. Will definitely stay here again! Staff was very helpful and polite. Single bed, 2 people was $65.00 a night. ( Advance reservations)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DisabledTraveler34

Been to Fortune Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!