“Below Expectations”
Review of McDonald's

Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ok, it was a McDonalds and we all know exactly what we're getting and what to expect. However, at McDonalds in Newport, Arkansas, it was apparent that a clean facility is not important to anyone who worked there. The first place I headed was the mens room where I found that the restroom smelled very like the animal cages at the zoo. My wife said the women's restroom floor and sink area was dirty. When we ordered our coffee, I noticed a dirty cleaning rag on the counter, not very appetizing, and the person taking the order never said "Hello" or made eye contact. While we waited, one of the staff in the kitchen area started complaining about being asked to do a minor task and that led to further discussion from the supervisor. The condiments area was dirty, and it was evident that it had not been cleaned in a long time. Different items were divided into various bins with the beverage stir sticks and sugar packets in the same bin according to the label. When I tried to find a couple of packets of sugar, I found a quarter inch of loose sugar in the bottom of the bin along with other unidentified bits and pieces. Start to finish the place was not well maintained, the staff lacks training, and the supervisor is not connected.

1  Thank KeepClimbing