Solang Valley Resort
OYO 9186 Snow Range Cottages(Manali)(Great Value!)
$94
Orbitz.com
$39
$107
$97
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewspresidential suitesolang valleyfolk dancecandle light dinnerglacier viewmanali townsummer vacationsrohtang passvideo gamestable tennisthe hotel staffour honeymoondj nightroom serviceheaven on earthsnow clad mountainsfront office
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive before leaving my home town, as i am not much of a traveler. However, this experience has changed all of that.
I had booked the Honeymoon (4 days & 3 nights) package in the first week of Feb '13. After the overnight Volvo ride, we reached Manali in the morning and were welcomed by heavy snowfall. After an initial communication gap, we were picked up by the 4WD and got a taste of our first adventure on our journey from Manali to Solang Valey, a distance of just 10 Km but took us 3 hrs to complete as there was about 3 feet of snow on roads and the vehicle slipped and sometimes stopped dead in its tracks due to snow. This experience will also last a life time i guess...

The first two days at the resort were marked with heavy snow fall, and the highlight of the remaining two days was glorious sunshine.

The resort is great, the rooms well appointed and spic & span. The staff is very courteous and helpful. We had a great time and despite the weather, the staff tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible, given the fact that the supply and power lines were cut (the rooms had adequate power from the generator).
I would definitely visit again with family in more favorable weather.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RamjiAshta
FO_SVR, Front Office Manager at Solang Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind and positive feedback on your stay at Solang Valley Resorts. The team eagerly awaits your next trip.

Team SVR

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked our honeymoon package for 4 nights during feb 2012, when checked for climatic conditions of the region during feb month, i received a positive response that climatic conditions are favorable to stay and for site seeing as well. When we reached kulu we were informed the roads were blocked due to snow and we were made to stay in one of their sister hotels which was par below the standards of the resort we booked. Wherever we called, we were informed the roads were blocked and they will update us once its cleared, also they informed roads to the attractions were closed as well. Same was the response for the next two days. On the final day I retorted to reach the hotel and we were made to wait for almost 4 hours near manali for their vehicle to pick us up. When we reached there i was surprised, that there were other guests checking out saying their stay has ended, not sure how so many others were able to reach the hotel which only we were not able to do so. Finally we stayed there for just one night. When we checked out next afternoon, we were asked to pay for the four days stay at this resort, there was no consideration that we just stayed for 1 single night (8 pm to 3 pm next day). I would have happily paid it if we had at least stayed there for 1 more day, as the rooms were excellent and food was delicious as well. Other than these everything was terrible experience. I feel that i should have got a correct response when i asked explicitly while booking or even when i called before the day I started off from my home town to the resort or at least considered my non-stays while calculating my bills. I was also made to book for 4WD pick up from manali to resort when they confirmed that a normal sedan is more than enough for my stay and trip there.I have been traveling south east asia for the past six years and to date this was my worst experience.

Room Tip: Check for climatic conditions of the region before making a booking
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MaheshBabu_09
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Wow !!!!
This was the first impression when we entered at Solang Valley Resort !!!
Location of this property is just awesome, away from concrete jungle of Manali , mesmerizing views , well maintained property, equipped with well trained and professional staff . delicious food.
Evening Parties , inhouse games, every thing was well planned !!!
We had a very good time , would love to come ack again and again !!
I recommend this resort to all who want to experience a pamper vacation !!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nishu M
FO_SVR, Front Office Manager at Solang Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for sparing time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your comments and would like to welcome you again .

Team Solang Valley Resorts
Manali

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

what a location this property is having !!!
Mesmerizing views,sumptuous food,excellent services,spacious rooms with breathtaaking views,cordially and prompt staff !!
Would love to come again and again !!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Ishu_123
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I spent 4 days (from Jan 16 - 19) in Solang Valley Resorts in Manali. It was truly a second home for the lonely family in the entire hotel..... yes, we were the only family (with wife & 5 years daughter) during our stay because the Solang Valley and around Manali, we witnessed the snowfall for just over two days. During our stay, we could not go anywhere, but enjoyed completely in the resorts. The staff is very cooperative and we enjoyed the food and hospitality to the fullest. In such a severe weather outside, we didn't hear NO for any food item we ordered during those four days. My car was completely under snow and the hotel staff removed the snow completely and got my car ready....this was really humble experience. Vinay, the Manager, was being the most cooperative fellow and helped us in every he could .... My entire family is grateful to him for all his humbleness and helping nature.

All in all, if you are planning to go to Manali.....I would strongly advice to stay at Solang Valley Resorts...trust me, you'd really enjoy the natural beauty and the hospitality + food. I would like to thanks everyone, especially Vinay, for all support, help and cooperation during our memorable say at the Solang Valley Resorts. Till we meet next time, THANK YOU ALL !!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vinmann2002

Thank you for posting review about your stay at Solang Valley Resorts. I am happy to note that all of our services helped you enjoy your time at the resorts.
Our team always tries to give their 100% to the expectations of the guest and to make their stay memorable one !!!!
Looking forward to welcome you again !!!!

Team Solang Valley Resorts