“Wonderful B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Diamond Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Murfreesboro B&B and Inns
Janesville
“Wonderful B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Thank you to Buddy and Karen for such a Lovely Bed & Breakfast! Tammy was a wonderful hostess and made us feel right at home. The fresh baked cookies and brownies were yummy! Buddy's cafe has great food and the staff was also.

We enjoyed our stay too bad we did fare so well at the diamond mine! I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank jlajda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Arlington TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Older home that has been beautifully decorated. Warm, open interior spaces and beautiful country backdrop. But, that's where the positive reviews stop. The price was a bit over what it should have been for a basic room. The "breakfast" part of it is a great idea but poorly executed in reality: breakfast isn't on site but rather at the local restaurant also owned by the inn's owners. But, there isn't a single piece of fruit on the menu and I'm suprised they had wheat toast. Every single thing is a fried, greasy mess. Cholesterol and a heart attack served on a plate. I had to bring our own fruit and beg for healthier modifications to the food i.e. egg whites, butter on the side, nothing fried, sugar free syrup. The service was slow and apathetic as well. I could say "well, it was free so I don't want to complain" but actually it wasn't. The $85 a night, bed and "breakfast" rate was included and we paid for it. I would much rather have stayed at a local motel for $60 and bought my own healthy breakfast somewhere else. The innkeeper was a spaced out, control freak. We had no cell service up here and we asked to use the house phone to get some information for local attractions. She said only if we called this area code. We asked if we could throw our cleaned off wet shoes from digging for diamonds into the dryer and she said that she was backed up in laundry and we couldn't use it. They had to sit outside all night and still weren't dry in the morning. We asked to borrow some house towels to go up to Little Missouri Falls with and she freaked out and made us take the pool beach towels. I'm seriously not being petty here....her attitude and demeanor was seriously neurotic. The pool was closed and the pump didn't work but rather loudly gurgled constantly, eliminating any time being able to sip coffee outside and enjoy nature. The fridge stocked cokes and water but the morning coffee was only one pot, split amongst 6-7 adults in the house and no supplies around to make any more. The innkeeper refused to get up and make more in the morning despite several visitors buzzing her. On the whole, we won't be staying here again, even though the owners are nice. The "breakfast" part was horrible. The house a mixed bag. The innkeeper unpredictable. The price too high.

Room Tip: Don't choose the Velda Rose unless lack of privacy or bathroom privileges doesn't bother you...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank futurelawyer2005
Ridgeland, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We chose to stay at the B&B because of all the positive remarks on TripAdvisor. Initially, it seemed to be going well. Our room was beautifully furnished and a little guest book with wonderful comments was laid out. Then I noticed that the room was dusty and behind the bathroom door was a visible pile of dirt. It looked like the bathroom floor was swept into the corner. We tossed and turned all night due to the uncomfortable mattress.
Breakfast was served downstairs and not at an off-site restaurant like the website stated. An egg casserole that was undercooked, toast, and OJ were laid out of the table. The innkeeper still in her pajamas then went into the "private" area. There was no table to eat at and we ate sitting on the couch. When we went to leave, we had to knock on the private door for several minutes to get her attention. We would have just left, but the innkeeper did not have change for the cash we paid for our room and told us change would be provided at breakfast.
I would not recommend this place to anyone. We felt like we were a bother to the innkeeper. I have no idea why there are so many positive reviews for this establishment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Angie S
Columbia City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed 2 days and nights, would have stayed longer if we had more time. The rooms were wonderful, very clean and the beds were clean and very comfortable. My husband and I stayed in the Embassy room, I felt like a Queen it was so elaborate. Tammy and Tara were so very nice and sweet. We couldn't have asked for nicer hosts. They were so helpful with everything. I recommend the Diamond Oaks to everyone, you will not regret staying there. We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven P
Gainesville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had called early in the afternoon to reserve a room, and was happy that I wouldn't have to pay for it over the phone. The owner just needed my name and phone number. This was an amazing place to go to after a full day of digging at the Diamond Mine. It's a very beautiful house set away from the road, and even if you get a room that faces the road, you can't hear the cars going by.

At $75, the Velda Rose is the cheapest room. It's the one we stayed in due to money shortage at the time. The caretaker met us in the driveway upon our arrival and led us through the house, showing us where everything was and telling us a bit about the area. Sadly enough, the owners do not stay at the house. They provided use of digging and mining tools (which we didn't use the following day in favor of heading back home--a 5-hour drive), bottled water, sodas, fresh coffee, and cookies and brownies all day and night. She then retreated to the private area of the house where she resides when she is there, telling us to ring the bell outside her door if we needed anything.

The bathroom was across the hall from the room, but is private and locks. The Velda Rose room key unlocks it. While quite spacious, the tub was too small to actually take a relaxing bath in, and the shower head in the shower was too low. I am 5'8", and he is 6'--we both had to lean back quite a bit to be able to wash our hair. The wallpaper above the shower paneling should also be replaced with tile or something because it was peeling up and molding a little where it meets the shower panels.

The room itself was on the second floor. It was spacious as well, with a full dresser and mirror, closing entertainment center cabinet for the TV, and a closet. The queen bed was just a little firm, but extremely comfy. We watched a little TV and relaxed on the bed before ordering pizza to pick up at the local pizza restaurant, after which we realized that the upstairs is rather warm. We opened the windows to let the cool air in, which made it considerably better. Sleep on that bed was some of the best sleep I had ever had, but it would also be because of all the digging and then being presented with a big cushy bed afterwards.

The following morning at about 6:00am, we decided to use the hot tub outside before going to breakfast, even though it was 38 degrees. It was extremely relaxing with the water at 95 degrees--it had trouble heating up more, probably because of the cold--and my boyfriend and I stayed in from about an hour. What a nice way to start the day! We ran back inside after replacing the cover and took a quick shower and after loading the car up with our luggage and heading to breakfast, a free meal provided at Buddy's Ranch House up the road, owned by the same people as the B&B.

We were quite pleased with this being our first stay at a B&B and we will be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Drive careful on the roads after dark because there are deer all around! They also come into the fro...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stacie K
Arnold, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

My parents, children and I stayed in Sept. 2011 and had a wonderful time. You couldn't ask for more caring hosts!!!!!! The hospitality there was greatly appreciated considering we drove 8 1/2 hours to check out the Crater of Diamonds State Park! I would recommend this B&B highly for your visit!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank carlabaker
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

My sister and I stayed here while searching for diamonds at Crater of Diamonds State Park, only a mile away. The accommodations were lovely: big cushy bed, pool, hot tub, free digging tools, full breakfast at the proprietor's restaurant in town, soft drinks and bottled water all day, coffee and sweets all day, too. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Go on their website, where you can peruse the 5 different room choices.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank LovelyMiss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murfreesboro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Motor Lodge
Holiday Motor Lodge
#3 of 3 in Nashville
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Prescott

Been to Diamond Oaks Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!