“Missing that hometown frienly attitude” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawkins General Store

Hawkins General Store
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Missing that hometown frienly attitude”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We spent an afternoon in downtown Murfreesboro, AR, to beat the heat after a day of diamond mining at crater of diamonds state park. There are just a few stores and I had checked this one out on the internet, so was excited to go there. I was disappointed! I was expecting an old time 5 & 10, like Dick's in Branson, but it was just a polished store with expensive cosmetics and games. No penny candy or anything fun for the kids. The woman who was working behind the ice cream counter was busy visiting with her three local friends and didn't even greet us until we had been in the store for about 5-10 minutes. She acted like we were intruding in their private conversation. The only plus was the ice cream, which was reasonable at about $2.50/cone. I don't know if she was the owner, but I sure hope not!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank sunshinegirl1224

Antlers, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Bit Pricey For Me”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The "square" in Murfreesboro is charming and is obviously hoping you stop somewhere at its retailers when you are on your way to the "diamond mine" state park. The soda jerk side of "Hawkins General Store" was nothing to write home about. It is cute...but it is pricey for sure. Things in this shop are much more costly than they would be 15 miles up the road in Nashville Arkansas! IN fact...I felt a little insulted at some of the prices placed on things...you know...enough so that I decided to go down the road to buy a soda and ice cream rather than spend my money there.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank mdc0920
Monroe, Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cutest little shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had best orange shorbet milkshake I ve had in my whole life! Retro style, cute icecream shop with lots of home-made or community-produced groceries on sale inside. Great place to visit!

Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“old time ice cream shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I met people who have never seen anything like it. I love this piece of Americana that has faded away to chain shops.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank IamScubaDog
Raymond, Ms
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Neat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a nice place to checkout with the old fashion soda fountain

Visited March 2012